PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for Equipment Movers in SE PA

James Cheever
01-13-2021, 8:36 AM
All -

I live in Center Valley, PA (in the Lehigh Valley, near Allentown, PA). A question for those of you living in SE PA.

My new 20” Powermatic planer is sitting in my garage and I expect to receive my Hammer 16” jointer in the very near future. They each weigh roughly 900 lbs. I need to move them down my bilco type door into my basement shop. Although in past moves i relied on myself, friends and family, at this point I think I need pros.

Does anyone know of any reliable equipment moving companies that you can recommend?

Thanks.

Stan Coryell
01-14-2021, 10:58 PM
James,
You could try A&A Machinery in Morrisville, PA. I worked with them a lot about 15 years ago. We couldn't compete against them. We use George Young/ Mamut now. It's a small job. I'm not sure if A & A would be interested, but they may be able to give a recommendation. You may have better luck calling around to the small machine shops in your area. They may be able to recommend someone. You really just need a mover with a stair climber. Piano mover? Sorry I can't be of more help.

Timothy McMahon
01-14-2021, 11:45 PM
While putting my shop together, I had a Powermatic 201 planer, Powermatic 12" jointer, Sawstop ICS, and a SCMI s500p bandsaw moved down bilco doors into a basement shop. Van Horn Machinery Movers did a fantastic job.

James Cheever
01-15-2021, 8:59 AM
Thanks, everyone. I will check them out.