PDA

View Full Version : Rockler Ellipse Jig

Joe Cowan
01-12-2021, 12:51 PM
I have purchased this and now would like to add a router to my collection that will work with this jig without altering the jig. Anybody have this and could recommend the best router for it? The ones I have looked at that fit, are all fixed base and it seems a plunge router would be better. Appreciate the voice of experience.

Mel Fulks
01-12-2021, 1:23 PM
I still like the Porter Cable 690 router. Routing will be MUCH faster with a single flute bit. You don't often see them in
stores, order them on line.

Randy Heinemann
01-13-2021, 12:15 PM
Rockler should have a list of compatible routers or email/chat/call them and ask. I have found them generally responsive (although during the pandemic, I don't know). Anyway they would know best.

glenn bradley
01-13-2021, 12:23 PM
Milwaukee 5615, 5616 fixed and plunge bases are drilled the same. Can't speak to others.

Joe Cowan
01-13-2021, 1:46 PM
Rockler should have a list of compatible routers or email/chat/call them and ask. I have found them generally responsive (although during the pandemic, I don't know). Anyway they would know best.

They have many that are compatible. I was just hoping someone with experience with this, could help me weed through the many to find the one that works best. I will buy the Porter Cable on that was mentioned above, unless I learn something else. I am sure they all would work well.