PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee 12 volt Driver

Mark Blatter
01-10-2021, 5:29 PM
In 2017 I bought a few 12 and 18 volt Milwaukee drivers for work. They were great, but as things go, I lost one to TSA in the Portland airport and another one along the way....somewhere. I decided I needed another 12 volt so picked one up. It is an updated version, brushless, and is nice but for one thing. Milwaukee has decided that not only do I need the variable speed (using the trigger), but also must have a slow start up.

I find it to be very annoying and more difficult to use. It seems to have less speed control for the first few seconds too, primarily due to the slow start.

Anyone else had this issue? Is Milwaukee the only one that does this now? That issue alone is enough to make me change brands eventually when the time comes to buy more. Then again, perhaps I am just easily annoyed and could get used to it. Drilling isn't an issue, but using it on smaller screws and 'finer' bits of work is a challenge. When I need to use just a few seconds of power, just about the time it starts going, I am backing off.

Love to hear other's thoughts.