PDA

View Full Version : One tool from Woodpeckers ($100 gift card)

Zachary Caldwell
01-10-2021, 1:44 PM
My wife got me a gift card to woodpeckers. If you could put $100 to woodpeckers what would you choose? I don't own any of their items but the seem nice. Im thinking mostly layout type items.

Christopher Herzog
01-10-2021, 2:19 PM
12" square. Costs about your hundred on sale. Full price will take some extra bucks. I also recommend the devile square, really handy and cheaper than your 100.

My two cents....

Frederick Skelly
01-10-2021, 2:43 PM
* Their squares are very nice. I have a 641 and it's a nice tool.
* They sell something called a Delve Square. Many love those. Nothing wrong with that. (I did just buy a Milwaukee Rafter Square that is similar (but not 100% the same) for a lot less money.) Depends on what you like/need/want.
* Their hook rules look interesting. A little pricey but that's just WP.

* Personally, I'd stay away from what they call their "woodworking rules". I have 2 of them and they are so wide and heavy I seldom use them.

Adam Grund
01-10-2021, 3:09 PM
* Personally, I'd stay away from what they call their "woodworking rules". I have 2 of them and they are so wide and heavy I seldom use them.

My one complaint about their rules. I don’t have a problem with the longer ones, but the 12 and 6” are same width (around 2 1/4”) and man they are just cumbersome to use. The heft is nice on the longer ones though, in my opinion.

ray grundhoefer
01-10-2021, 5:10 PM
Another vote for their 12 inch square. The big framing square is very nice also but that has gone up in price since it first came out years ago.