PDA

View Full Version : Hammer K3 Winner motor start problem

scott vroom
01-09-2021, 6:13 PM
I pressed the green On button on my K3 but didn't hold it in long enough....it stopped then hummed momentarily and now will not respond when the On button is pushed. This has occurred before, but after waiting for a few minutes it's always started eight up. I've waited 15 mins and nothing. The Hammer manual that came with the saw is useless for trouble shooting. Any thoughts on what I may have done to the motor or starter electronics? Is there a fuse or reset switch that I should check? I see no obvious access to the motor.

Tom Bain
01-09-2021, 7:07 PM
Scott — I assume you already checked the breaker in your panel to make sure it wasn’t tripped? How old is your machine? I’ve blown out 2 start capacitors in my felder bandsaw which is a possible issue ... I’ve learned the hard way to push and hold the start button for a couple seconds until the motor is at full speed.

Thomas Eustis
01-09-2021, 7:11 PM
Reset the emergency stop button (push it in then pull it out). I have a Hammer C3 and I have had the same experience with the emergency stop before. Good luck.

scott vroom
01-09-2021, 7:43 PM
After checking everything at the machine and breaker box, I checked the plug that goes into the 220 wall receptacle and son-of-gun if one of the 220 legs wasn't shorted out from what was likely a loose connection....looks like the wire may have actually burned itself a bit shorter. I stripped it back, stabbed it and tightened it, plugged it in and voila...the motor fired right up. I was sweating there for a bit...a customer just signed a proposal for a cabinet job 3 days ago and the next day my planer crapped out...parts to repair that machine arriving Monday. So when the TS stopped, my heart nearly stopped as well.

Regardless, thank you, guys, for the trouble-shooting tips :)