PDA

View Full Version : Bora Portamate PM-P254 / MLCS router motor

Ryan Leduc
01-08-2021, 5:40 AM
Does anyone have experience with either? It has become more of a pain than I expected to track down a 3+hp motor only for my Jessem lift / table set up. The reviews seem all over the place and it is hard to see if they have updated their motors in any way since they were introduced.

George Bokros
01-08-2021, 6:44 AM
If I needed a new motor for my router table I would get the big Milwaukee router.

Ryan Leduc
01-08-2021, 7:02 AM
They are out of stock a lot of places. I've been trying without success to track down a used 3.5 one as well. Craigslist and similar haven't yielded much.

George Bokros
01-08-2021, 7:16 AM
Have you tried here???

https://www.hartvillehardware.com/product/sku-T562520/Routers-Trimmers-and-Cut-Out-Tools

Steve Coley
01-08-2021, 7:25 PM
I have a Bora Portamate router motor in my router table. Have not used it very much, but good so far. I don’t like the variable speed knob however, it needs positive stops. It’s very loose feeling, but that’s a minor thing really.

Ryan Leduc
01-08-2021, 8:41 PM
I have a Bora Portamate router motor in my router table. Have not used it very much, but good so far. I don’t like the variable speed knob however, it needs positive stops. It’s very loose feeling, but that’s a minor thing really.

Thank you. I’m between that or maybe biting the bullet and paying the high price for the Milwaukee.