PDA

View Full Version : A3-41 arrived

Thomas Crawford
01-06-2021, 10:43 AM
Ordered in May and got it yesterday. No big deal for me to wait since this is a lifetime purchase.

My shop is in my backyard behind my fence. I have a 55" gate that I thought would be ok, but alas the pallet jack came in on the long edge (72"). So its now sitting in my garage.

My mobile base is all ready for it in my shop:

Thomas Crawford
01-06-2021, 10:52 AM
So here's the plan:

Rent a knock-down engine hoist to raise one side at a time.
Install (6) heavy duty casters on the 4x4 cross beams under the pallet
Wheel it into the shop
Build a platform to go under the base and use the hoist to lift it off the pallet and onto the porta-mate

The J/P is 900 lbs. I'm thinking (6) 250 lb casters are ok (4") - or do I need to go to 330 lb (5")?

Ron Selzer
01-06-2021, 12:09 PM
go with 4 330lb(5") casters, one in each corner
with 6 casters almost always will have the crate teetering on the middle set, why the expensive tool boxes with 6 casters have heavy springs built into the casters
good luck
Ron

William Chain
01-06-2021, 12:24 PM
That's awesome, mine can't be far behind.

James Cheever
01-06-2021, 12:25 PM
Hopefully mine (A3-41A) will be here soon, too!

Thomas Crawford
01-06-2021, 12:36 PM
go with 4 330lb(5") casters, one in each corner
with 6 casters almost always will have the crate teetering on the middle set, why the expensive tool boxes with 6 casters have heavy springs built into the casters
good luck
Ron

The question is if the pallet is strong enough to not have any support in the middle where a forklift or jack would normally be.

Jim Becker
01-06-2021, 1:41 PM
The question is if the pallet is strong enough to not have any support in the middle where a forklift or jack would normally be.

Lay some additional 2x lumber on top of the pallet, screwing it down, and then put the machine on it. For that span, it should do the trick for you transporting since most of the machine weight "should" be on its four corners .

Congrats on your new tool!

Thomas Crawford
01-06-2021, 2:13 PM
Lay some additional 2x lumber on top of the pallet, screwing it down, and then put the machine on it. For that span, it should do the trick for you transporting since most of the machine weight "should" be on its four corners .

Congrats on your new tool!

There's a gap underneath so I should be able to lay 2x6 there without having to pick up the tool, trying to not have to pick it up twice.

Bill Dufour
01-06-2021, 2:33 PM
What is it?
Some rigging ideas in the link.

Bil lD

https://www.thecrosbygroup.com/products/links/master-links/pear-shape/crosby-a-341-alloy-pear-shaped-links/

Wes Grass
01-06-2021, 4:37 PM
Looks like it's got 4x runners full length, and heavy planking across the top.

If the sidewalk is good, I'd lever it up on each end and stuff furniture dollies under it. You probably only need (have room for) 2. Shim as necessary. I moved an 1100+lb safe 3 times with a pair from HD* with no issues, including from the tile in the house onto the slab in the garage. This is much more stable. Just go slow and think out every step.

Onto the mobile base is trickier. I'd probably disassemble the pallet bit by bit until I could get blocks under the middle portions of the base. IOW, leaving clearance for the mobile base so I could assemble it underneath the planer. And then lever it up and pull the blocks one by one. Always tipping it end to end.

My 741 got levered up to put the mobility kit on it. And then rolled down a piece of plywood shimmed with scraps underneath. Same for the KF-700. A few months ago, I pulled both up a fab'd ramp (3/4 ply and 2x4) onto home made pallets to move them from CA to TX. They came out of the truck courtesy of a neighbor's tractor with chains over the bucket, and some large pieces of Bubinga under the pallets. In the dark. Not a scratch on them. Not that it wasn't a bit stressful ;-)

* I think U-Haul has them a bit cheaper.

Lisa Starr
01-06-2021, 5:41 PM
Congratulations! I just received notice mine (A3-31) is being shipped tomorrow. Thank you for posting pics of the arrival packaging, as it makes me more comfortable with our moving methods.

Bill Dufour
01-06-2021, 5:51 PM
Sunbelt rentals still rent the hydraulic drop trailers. Buried in the site no category for trailers. United rentals web site only shows two trailers for rent and one is a fuel tank.
Bil lD

https://www.sunbeltrentals.com/equipment/detail/1413/0241700/8-9ft-lift-bed-single-axle-trailer-10k/

Robyn Horton
01-06-2021, 8:54 PM
Congratulations on the A3-41 planer your going to Love it. I pick up my K3 Winner Comfort on Friday

Andy D Jones
01-06-2021, 9:30 PM

Mine was plenty strong...

I used a 20' tow strapped looped under the cabinet (outfeed-infeed) to lift mine, since that gives you more clearance to get the strap out once it is in the mobile base. The infeed and outfeed sides of the cabinet do not go to the floor like the front and back sides do.

For the rigging, I put the midpoint of the strap over the outfeed table, with the ends passing in front of and behind the outfeed table, down and under the cabinet to the infeed end, up and around (front and back) the infeed table. Used a large shackle to join the midpoint of the strap and the two end loops of the strap over the top of the cutter head, adjusting for center/level (with test lifts not far off the ground.)

I removed anything that was aluminum, plastic, or thin sheet metal, where the strap hit. The electrical box is plastic, and the strap would have put significant side load on it as it came up & around that back corner, so I unscrewed it from the cabinet so it could slide out of the way, without having to undo any wires.

I had to jack up the pallet base on blocks to get the engine lift's legs underneath it. The OP's casters afixed to the skids may give him enough clearance to avoid this.

Be very careful lowering the machine with the engine lift, the release valve to lower the load is very fast, and can drop your machine quickly. I practiced that during the test lifting when the drop was only an inch or two. Glad I did!

Hope this helps...
-- Andy - Arlington TX

Scott Bernstein
01-06-2021, 10:09 PM
I've had my A3-41 for about 18 months - you'll love it. It has worked perfectly out the box for me, and of course gets utilized for every project.

SB

Mike Wilkins
01-06-2021, 10:50 PM
You are going to love that machine. Had mine for about 2 years now. Went from a 12" 4 knife J/P, Asian made to the Hammer with the Silent Power segmented head. Boards come out ready for 120 grit random orbit sanding.
Plenty of power for anything from Pine to hard exotics. The Felder/Hammer folks make some fine toys.
s

Wes Grass
01-06-2021, 11:13 PM
I had to jack up the pallet base on blocks to get the engine lift's legs underneath it.

-- Andy - Arlington TX

Yeah, they're a royal pain in that regard.

Thomas Crawford
01-07-2021, 10:43 AM
Mine was plenty strong...

I used a 20' tow strapped looped under the cabinet (outfeed-infeed) to lift mine, since that gives you more clearance to get the strap out once it is in the mobile base. The infeed and outfeed sides of the cabinet do not go to the floor like the front and back sides do.

For the rigging, I put the midpoint of the strap over the outfeed table, with the ends passing in front of and behind the outfeed table, down and under the cabinet to the infeed end, up and around (front and back) the infeed table. Used a large shackle to join the midpoint of the strap and the two end loops of the strap over the top of the cutter head, adjusting for center/level (with test lifts not far off the ground.)

I removed anything that was aluminum, plastic, or thin sheet metal, where the strap hit. The electrical box is plastic, and the strap would have put significant side load on it as it came up & around that back corner, so I unscrewed it from the cabinet so it could slide out of the way, without having to undo any wires.

I had to jack up the pallet base on blocks to get the engine lift's legs underneath it. The OP's casters afixed to the skids may give him enough clearance to avoid this.

Be very careful lowering the machine with the engine lift, the release valve to lower the load is very fast, and can drop your machine quickly. I practiced that during the test lifting when the drop was only an inch or two. Glad I did!

Hope this helps...
-- Andy - Arlington TX

Thanks, that is very helpful and pretty much what I was thinking.

Jim Becker
01-07-2021, 11:41 AM
There's a gap underneath so I should be able to lay 2x6 there without having to pick up the tool, trying to not have to pick it up twice.
Yes, you can do that and if you have access to put in fasteners, it will add some stiffness. But it will not be as strong as getting the 2x stock also under the machines's contact points with the pallet. The weight of the machine on those points has some level of benefit.

Harold Patterson
01-07-2021, 2:59 PM
T
So here's the plan:

Rent a knock-down engine hoist to raise one side at a time.
Install (6) heavy duty casters on the 4x4 cross beams under the pallet
Wheel it into the shop
Build a platform to go under the base and use the hoist to lift it off the pallet and onto the porta-mate

The J/P is 900 lbs. I'm thinking (6) 250 lb casters are ok (4") - or do I need to go to 330 lb (5")?
I unbolted my A3-31 from the pallet, used an engine hoist with the straps going under the machine. lifted it a few inches, slid the pallet out and positioned the portamate 3500 underneath and let it down slowly. Worked like a charm. my J/P was only 600 lbs. but the same procedure should work on the larger machine.

George Yetka
01-07-2021, 4:20 PM
Do not lift by the jointer bed they are pretty adamant about that.

Thomas Crawford
01-08-2021, 10:08 AM
Had to chop off the ends of the 4x4's to get it through my gate, then installed 4 casters. Added some cross bars at the top where the ratchet strap was pinching.

Then 3 of us rolled it into the shop. Used a 2x6 to lever it over the threshold while 2 guys pushed.

Thomas Crawford
01-08-2021, 10:10 AM
Took the casters off, removed the cage on the pallet.

Thomas Crawford
01-08-2021, 10:15 AM
This looks precarious, but we went up and down several times to make sure it was balanced and it wasn't pulling on the tables. Lifted it, pulled the pallet out and set it down gently on the mobile base. This hoist had a nice control for feathering the release to go very slowly.

Went ahead and waxed the jointer tables before I went in. Looking forward to getting this fully set up this weekend.

Robert Galey
01-08-2021, 12:37 PM
I just installed the same base (Bora Portamate PM-3550) under my MiniMax FS30 (~600 lb). Very happy, so far.

Jim Becker
01-08-2021, 1:11 PM
That process went well!!! Congrats on your new J/P...you're going to enjoy what it can do for you and your work.

Steve Wurster
01-08-2021, 4:41 PM
Good job. Congrats on the machine. You'll love it.

And every time I see an A3-41 I question why I didn't buy one of those instead of my A3-31. But then I remember that the 41 would have been an even tighter fit in my shop!

Tony Shea
01-08-2021, 6:17 PM
I recently just received and installed the A3-31 and almost wish I would have gone with the 41. But as Steve just said I would not be able to fit it in my shop, especially considering I'm in a basement with a Bilco door opening. I had to lower the machine down with my stairs removed and the pallet literally just fit with an inch of space on each side of the bulkhead.

Having said this the extra width and length looks very appealing. As others have said you're going to love this machine! I've used mine for a few smaller projects and have been blown away by the performance.

Steve Wurster
01-08-2021, 9:18 PM
My shop is also in my basement, and the best access for large machines is also via a Bilco door opening. I can't remove the stairs however, so my A3-31 went down a ramp as shown in this picture from 2016. We hooked the other end of those straps to a chain hooked to the front of my Dad's truck, and he slowly lowered the unit down the ramp. If you notice, the ramp changes near the bottom (the pallet is on the "second" ramp in the picture). That's due to the fact that the Bilco stairs are very steep, so that second ramp helps to level the unit out as it comes into the house. The metal channels on the bottom of the pallet dug into that second ramp, so we had to effectively walk the pallet onto the second ramp using a pry bar. Good times.

But if you think that's crazy or a tight fit, you should have seen what we had to do when we brought my K3 down those stairs about 2 years later. I had to remove that entire door you see at the bottom there, jamb and all, and even then it barely fit through the door. I had to actually shove the power pigtail inside the cabinet and remove the little plastic grommet that was around it in order to make the entire unit that much narrower. We had millimeters of clearance. We used the same double-ramp and truck process as with the A3, although starting this one was a little more precarious due to its size. Then we made the mistake of putting the wheels onto the unit before it went into my shop, meaning it wouldn't go through the shop door (the area at the bottom of the stairs is a finished section). So we had to jack it back up, remove the wheels, and then carefully navigate it into the shop before putting the wheels back on. Then I had the pleasure of attaching the extension tables, etc. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the ramp-based work.

I have no idea how I'm going to get these pieces out whenever I move. I might have to hire some professionals for that!

Tony Shea
01-09-2021, 11:23 AM
Steve, that's impressive. I've never seen a bilco opening with concrete steps. That would be a nightmare at my house. The bulkhead opening is on a very wooded side of the house and the tractor I used to lower the machine in barely fit over there. I can't believe you fit a K3 down that opening!! I plan on upgrading my tablesaw at some point and plan on getting a Sawstop PCS. I'm really worried how that machine will fit but I'm sure there is a way. The things we do for woodworking! We do plan on building an attached garage to the house some day and will make it large enough to house a machine shop. That will make my life so much easier but getting the existing machines out will be a nightmare!

Jim Becker
01-09-2021, 11:53 AM
I've never seen a bilco opening with concrete steps.

I've never seen one without concrete steps. LOL

Rod Wolfy
01-09-2021, 4:11 PM
I plan on upgrading my tablesaw at some point and plan on getting a Sawstop PCS. I'm really worried how that machine will fit but I'm sure there is a way. The things we do for woodworking! We do plan on building an attached garage to the house some day and will make it large enough to house a machine shop. That will make my life so much easier but getting the existing machines out will be a nightmare!

My SS PCS came unassembled, and not much bigger than the attached top. The cabinet should be a little less than 22" by 28".

Rod Wolfy
01-09-2021, 4:13 PM
Thomas, thank you for the photos. It gave me some ideas for how much space to expect when the pallet is unloaded here into my garage in the likely rain in WA. They should be shipping the ones here on the west coast out next month from Sacramento.

Ben Rivel
01-10-2021, 1:17 AM
Did the same thing using an engine hoist to lift and set my A3-31 onto a custom made mobile base. Worked out great!

Thomas Crawford
01-11-2021, 10:33 AM
Got everything installed and hooked up to the DC. What do you guys do when you change to planer mode? It twists the flex hose and adds some angles that are not ideal. I haven't been able to find any type of swivel for a 5" hose - anyone have a source?

Cliff Polubinsky
01-11-2021, 10:48 AM
Thomas,

Instead of clamping the duct to the dust port I use the 5" magport fittings. http://magport.net.

When I switch from one mode to another I pull the connection apart, make the switch, then reconnect the fitting. Since they connect magnetically it's easy to disconnect and reconnect.

Cliff

Jim Becker
01-11-2021, 10:49 AM
As an inexpensive alternative to the magport type connection, a rubber Fernco connector can be obtained from the 'borg that will fit nicely on the 120mm port(s) and also allow a nice 5" hose to be clamped to the rubber fitting.

Thomas Crawford
01-11-2021, 11:16 AM
As an inexpensive alternative to the magport type connection, a rubber Fernco connector can be obtained from the 'borg that will fit nicely on the 120mm port(s) and also allow a nice 5" hose to be clamped to the rubber fitting.

It has some kind of swivel in the middle?

Jim Becker
01-11-2021, 11:21 AM
Doesn't need one...it's a slip fit on the machine so you can easily adapted it as you rotate things. With my J/P, there are separate hoods/ports for the two functions, but this should still work just fine with a unit that has one hood/port that moves. Just leave your hose a few inches longer than you might normally do (you can always shorten it later) and see how it works out.

William Chain
01-11-2021, 11:27 AM
You're killing me. My A3-41 is sitting in a warehouse with a backlog of deliveries until they can get to me. How is yours cutting?

Thomas Crawford
01-11-2021, 12:49 PM
You're killing me. My A3-41 is sitting in a warehouse with a backlog of deliveries until they can get to me. How is yours cutting?

I ran one board through the planer a few times to calibrate the hand wheel dial - no noticeable snipe but I wasn't really looking for it. Barely messed with the joiner but it was super smooth. Looking forward to running some stuff through it soon, I have some rough knotty Alder to true up for a bookshelf.

Thomas Crawford
01-11-2021, 12:50 PM
I will say I think I'm going to invest in the outfeed support for the planer at some point.

Bob Hinden
01-11-2021, 1:23 PM
Thomas,

Instead of clamping the duct to the dust port I use the 5" magport fittings. http://magport.net.

When I switch from one mode to another I pull the connection apart, make the switch, then reconnect the fitting. Since they connect magnetically it's easy to disconnect and reconnect.

Cliff

I use Magport fittings on my A3-41 too. As you said makes it easy to reconnected after going from jointer to planer mode. I also have them on my SawStop PCS, router table, and drill press to allow moving the dust collection hose to these tools.

Thomas Crawford
01-11-2021, 2:22 PM
Thanks, I went ahead and ordered a couple 5" magports.

James Cheever
01-22-2021, 7:42 PM
All -

So excited; great news.

My A3-41A shipped from Delaware today. I should get it sometime next week.

Can hardly wait.

Jim Becker
01-22-2021, 7:43 PM
That's really great, James...your shop is going to enjoy the new toys!

James Cheever
01-22-2021, 7:50 PM
I really hope so, Jim; so excited!

New 20" planer is already here and my Stinger II left Georgia yesterday and is in transit to the Lehigh Valley.

So many new toys to play with and learn how to use!

Jim Becker
01-22-2021, 7:53 PM
I really hope so, Jim; so excited!

New 20" planer is already here and my Stinger II left Georgia yesterday and is in transit to the Lehigh Valley.

So many new toys to play with and learn how to use!

Oooh...I was going to ask you when your yellow monster would be arriving! I'll have to schedule a field trip to see things when time and the virus allows. And yes, I still have the Camaster swag for you. :) :D

Erik Loza
01-24-2021, 11:54 AM
Thanks, I went ahead and ordered a couple 5" magports.

Tommy, would you mind sharing the PN’s on that Magport setup? It keeps coming up in A3 conversations and I have no experience with them. Thanks,

Erik

Steve Wurster
01-24-2021, 12:02 PM
Tommy, would you mind sharing the PN’s on that Magport setup? It keeps coming up in A3 conversations and I have no experience with them. Thanks,

Erik

Erik, here's a link: https://magport.net/products/5-magport-5001

Erik Loza
01-24-2021, 12:06 PM

Thank you, Steve. Are folks using a fernco or something to couple that the machine’s port?

Erik

Steve Wurster
01-24-2021, 12:13 PM
Thank you, Steve. Are folks using a fernco or something to couple that the machine’s port?

Erik

I just used a very short piece of 5" flex hose to attach that to my A3-31.

Cliff Polubinsky
01-24-2021, 5:12 PM

Erik

I gota converter from Hammer that stepped the dust port down to 5".

Cliff

Cliff

Erik Loza
01-24-2021, 6:24 PM
Thanks, guys.

Erik

Rod Wolfy
01-25-2021, 1:58 PM

Wow! I was thinking of going up from my Rockler 4" quick connect set up to the Magport, but at $160 to hook up my machines!...

Any discount codes??

William Chain
01-25-2021, 2:29 PM
Taking a cue from a youtube video on the A3-41, I'm trying the Rockler schedule 40 to 4" adapter and their quick fit adapter stacked on each other - should allow me to go from the 120mm port to the same handle I use on other machines. If that doesn't work, Magport it is based on Mr. Crawford's success here.

Erik Loza
01-25-2021, 3:04 PM
Some creative spirit should 3D-print a snorkel that replaces the entire factory plastic piece and integrates that magnetic flange. As many A3 owners as their are, you could make a fortune.

Erik

ChrisA Edwards
01-25-2021, 11:45 PM
I love my Magport fittings, with two main drops that service about 7 different machines, it make switch over so easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90K8cBdjKQk

Rod Wolfy
01-26-2021, 1:11 AM
Nice video Chris, thank you.

Just wondering why you use a Magport on the Rockler quick connect, when you can just connect them quickly without?

William Chain
01-26-2021, 7:25 AM
Obvious follow-up question - why has Felder made this endeavor necessary? I’m not being snarky, I’m awaiting delivery of my own A3-41 (fingers crossed, this week) and I’d have bought any optional factory snorkel to get into my (typical) dust collection setup.

Some creative spirit should 3D-print a snorkel that replaces the entire factory plastic piece and integrates that magnetic flange. As many A3 owners as their are, you could make a fortune.

Erik

Rod Sheridan
01-26-2021, 8:05 AM
Obvious follow-up question - why has Felder made this endeavor necessary? I’m not being snarky, I’m awaiting delivery of my own A3-41 (fingers crossed, this week) and I’d have bought any optional factory snorkel to get into my (typical) dust collection setup.

I use the Felder 90 degree connector for my A3 and my saw/shaper. No need to reinvent the wheel, the connector fits perfectly and is easy to slip on and off the dust extraction port.

The right angle connector allows the hose to drop sharply to the floor in jointer mode and rise up out of the way of the planer outfeed......Rod.

William Chain
01-26-2021, 8:13 AM
What size hose? Does it fit the hose with no nonsense?

Mick Simon
01-26-2021, 8:47 AM
One slight word of caution when using the Fernco fitting - there's precious little clearance, if any, between it and the wood passing under it when planing. I occasionally have pieces drag on it.

ChrisA Edwards
01-26-2021, 9:06 AM
Nice video Chris, thank you.

Just wondering why you use a Magport on the Rockler quick connect, when you can just connect them quickly without?

I can't remember exactly, all my machines were setup to use the Rockler quick connects, before the Magports. I think I bought the Magports in a couple of kits which left me short a couple of machine port connections, so I decided to adapt the Rockler quick connect, as seen on my belt sander.

Erik Loza
01-26-2021, 11:02 AM
Obvious follow-up question - why has Felder made this endeavor necessary? I’m not being snarky..

No snark taken. Straight answer: Have you ever worked with Germans or Austrians? If you thought of it, it wasn't necessary. If they thought of it, it was the perfectly engineered solution. My mom's side of the family is German, BTW.

Erik

Erik Loza
01-26-2021, 11:04 AM
One slight word of caution when using the Fernco fitting - there's precious little clearance, if any, between it and the wood passing under it when planing. I occasionally have pieces drag on it.

Mick, could you shave the flange with a utility knife or is it another part of the fitting that's tight? I haven't used Fernco's on an A3 yet, only the OEM Felder stuff. There was no interference on the Italian machines due to the snorkel design.

Erik

William Chain
01-26-2021, 12:00 PM
So, it's as simple as 120mm über alles?

Great.

I work with many German and Austrian folk, and yes they do like their procedures and exact way of doing things, but I would think even that gives way to the prospect of a couple extra euros out of every sale to customers in the US (if not everywhere).

Well, I'll find out just how annoying the adapters are tomorrow between 11a and 2p. Getting the sucker off the pallet will be job #1 though.

James Cheever
01-26-2021, 1:11 PM
Mine is coming tomorrow too, William.

And getting it off the pallet and on its mobile base by myself will be my first job. Luckily i have a hoist.

William Chain
01-26-2021, 2:10 PM
I think I'm going to rent a pallet jack to remove it like in the Felder video.

Mine is coming tomorrow too, William.

And getting it off the pallet and on its mobile base by myself will be my first job. Luckily i have a hoist.

James Cheever
01-27-2021, 5:14 PM
So excited! My new 16” jointer was delivered today. Looks to be in perfect shape. No issues at all with Hammer, the shipper or the packaging.

Got it “unwrapped” in the garage. Now need to get it off the pallet and onto my mobile base. Then into the basement along with it’s new sibling, a 20” planer. Someday soon I hope to have some items up for sale on the Marketplace.

Here it is unwrapped:

William Chain
01-27-2021, 5:19 PM
Oh yes.... me too.

Robyn Horton
01-27-2021, 8:37 PM
Another Hammer .. This one is a K3

Rod Wolfy
01-28-2021, 12:56 AM
So excited! My new 16” jointer was delivered today. Looks to be in perfect shape. No issues at all with Hammer, the shipper or the packaging.

Got it “unwrapped” in the garage. Now need to get it off the pallet and onto my mobile base. Then into the basement along with it’s new sibling, a 20” planer. Someday soon I hope to have some items up for sale on the Marketplace.

Here it is unwrapped:

Nice guys! I'm jealous! I have to wait for next month. Europe to Panama to CA to WA... sometime in February.

James, I like the Festool track holders, too!

James Cheever
01-28-2021, 7:55 AM
HaHa, thanks, Rod.

I use my garage to stage and breakdown any plywood before it goes into my basement shop.

Jim Becker
01-28-2021, 10:04 AM
Seems to be "Hammer time" for a bunch of folks right now. I guess their ship came in. LOL. Congrats on your new tools!

Thomas Crawford
02-03-2021, 7:03 PM
I'm liking the Magport. And for the port out of the machine I just wrapped it in painter's tape for the 5" hose. Tight fit. The Magport is a true 5" OD.

William Chain
02-04-2021, 8:03 AM
Fantastic. Better than my solution, I’m doing this. Thanks for the pic.

I'm liking the Magport. And for the port out of the machine I just wrapped it in painter's tape for the 5" hose. Tight fit. The Magport is a true 5" OD.

Edwin Santos
02-05-2021, 7:16 PM
Thanks for this lead. I had never heard of these Magports.
Seems like a good accessory on a tool like the A3-xx where you're constantly detaching and reattaching the dust hose. I ordered a pair today.

Brian Runau
02-06-2021, 7:09 AM
Impressive. I am a hell of a salesman, but I'd have a hard time selling my wife on letting me get one of those. Brian

Bill McNiel
02-07-2021, 2:57 PM
I will say I think I'm going to invest in the outfeed support for the planer at some point.

Do this right away, it is the only extension you will need and it does its job well.