PDA

View Full Version : Dj 20 drive belt

John Reeves
01-04-2021, 1:29 PM
I replaced the old drive belt with a link belt but it rides up too high in the pully. Seems that it is too wide. This makes it rub on the metal covers. I tossed the old belt I had so I am not able to match is to get a V belt. Can any one tell me what size it is? I only find a part number on-line. Eparts wants about $60 for it. A bit much.

Thanks in advance.

Lee Schierer
01-04-2021, 1:40 PM
Take a cloth measuring tape, wrap it around the pulleys like a belt and read the length. Then look for a belt that size. Usually two numbers in the belt size are the length. You can pick up a couple of belts on either side of that measurement and return the ones that don't fit.

Lisa Starr
01-04-2021, 2:35 PM
You can measure the pulley width to determine what belt width you need. Most fractional hp motors take a 4L and measure 1/2" across the widest point. Look in McMaster-Carr for good information on how to measure pulleys and belts to get the correct fit.

Dave Pohlit
01-04-2021, 3:49 PM
I have a late-80's Invicta/Delta model DJ-20. On it, I have an AX46 cogged v-belt installed, which is a 48-inch circumference belt. Hope this helps!