PDA

View Full Version : New Yankee on the web

Chad Pater
01-04-2006, 10:33 AM
Norman and Co. have the site updated with this years projects pictured...for those who may be interested.

NYW (http://www.newyankee.com/2006.shtml)

Roger Bailey
01-04-2006, 10:52 AM
The first show of the new season starts this Saturday 1/7/06. Season 18, I can't wait.:D

Steven Shelby
01-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Based on the projects listed, looks like it's going to be a great season, too. Especially looking forward to the poker table... DW wants me to build one for the the family room, although I'm still lobbying for a foosball table instead.

fred woltersdorf
01-04-2006, 12:16 PM
i have 3 pbs stations available and only one is carrying nyw.according to the schedule norm will build a federal style game table,i sure hope the schedule is wrong.

Randy Denby
01-04-2006, 12:46 PM
I have Direct tv satellite service. For some reason, I havent been able to catch his shows for well over a year now. What channel is NYW coming on now? Is it really late at night, or am i just an idiot?.......dont answer that;)

fred woltersdorf
01-04-2006, 1:11 PM
i get it on wliw21,ny at 10:00 am saturday.

Brian Austin
01-04-2006, 1:16 PM
Our local station seems to get them later than most for some reason.

Norm is looking good, though. He's lost some weight!

There are some nice projects in the lineup. This is the only show I'll actually make an effort to sit down and watch. If it wasn't for NYW, I'd probably just toss the TV. :D

Sam Chambers
01-04-2006, 6:35 PM
I have Direct tv satellite service. For some reason, I havent been able to catch his shows for well over a year now. What channel is NYW coming on now? Is it really late at night, or am i just an idiot?.......dont answer that;)
Randy, if you get your local PBS stations via DirecTV, you're not going to get the nationsl PBS feed. You get PBSU (channel 377, I think), but the only woodworking thing there is The Router Workshop. (They used to show NYW every night on PBSU.)

Larry James
01-04-2006, 7:31 PM
New Yankee Workshop : The Colonial Mantel is project on my local PBS station this Saturday. Thanks for the heads-up - I would have missed it.

Peter M. Spirito
01-04-2006, 8:25 PM
Here in South Florida I get NYW on channel 42 which is a local PBS channel and the Direct TV guide also lists channel 384 PBS which we do not get. And I TiVo EVERYTHING;)

Peter Pedisich
01-04-2006, 8:57 PM
Thanks! gonna check out my local PBS stations for times.

Curt Harms
01-05-2006, 6:55 AM
Randy, if you get your local PBS stations via DirecTV, you're not going to get the nationsl PBS feed. You get PBSU (channel 377, I think), but the only woodworking thing there is The Router Workshop. (They used to show NYW every night on PBSU.)

I don't know about now, but with directv, you used to be able to get the national PBS feed for an additional $1/month.

jon harriman
01-05-2006, 9:00 AM
His show used to be on HGTV here in CT. I haven't seen it in the listings on that or PBS in over a year.

Sam Chambers
01-05-2006, 11:34 AM
I don't know about now, but with directv, you used to be able to get the national PBS feed for an additional $1/month.
Curt, it's been several years since I checked into it. When DirecTV started offering my local channels, they said that since I was getting the local PBS feed (2 actually), I couldn't get the national PBS feed any more. They might have changed their policy since then.