PDA

View Full Version : food safe wood glue

Scott Kilroy
01-01-2021, 12:39 PM
From research I've been doing most people seem to recommend titebond III or titebond II for gluing wood that will come in contact with food. I wanted to know if anyone had firsthand experience with this and if they would recommend titebond or if they would recommend something else. I'm going to make a small wood box that will hold noodles and the corners will be glued.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Richard Coers
01-01-2021, 12:50 PM
How would food get to the glue? You don't plan on removing squeeze out inside the box?

Scott Kilroy
01-01-2021, 1:06 PM
How would food get to the glue? You don't plan on removing squeeze out inside the box?

I plan to use very little glue and cleaning up any squeeze out. Even doing that I'm still worried since this has the potential to harm my family if it's not truly food safe. I would feel a lot better after hearing some firsthand accounts of using this (or any other) glue.

Lee Schierer
01-01-2021, 1:56 PM
Msds sheets are available for all Titebond products at their website.

Bryan Lisowski
01-01-2021, 2:41 PM
If the glue is fully cured, I don’t think you will have any issue. The glue isn’t going to get on the pasta.

John TenEyck
01-01-2021, 2:59 PM
From Titebond's Website on TBIII:

FDA APPROVED FOR INDIRECT FOOD CONTACT

Ryan Yeaglin
01-01-2021, 4:42 PM
Cured glue will not impose any health problems, just don't go and drink/eat it... simple enough?

Jim Becker
01-01-2021, 4:44 PM
Like finishes, these glue products are just fine once cured. The reason for the Type II and TYpe III recommendation comes from water resistance...IE, cleaning. (never in the dishwasher) You can also use epoxy or polyurethane (Gorilla) glue.