PDA

View Full Version : Into the new year....

Ken Fitzgerald
01-01-2021, 12:47 AM
As we approach midnight on this December 31, I'll probably be snoring when the new year arrives, but though I'm not superstitious, if by chance I am awake, I may follow the old Irish tradition opening the front door for the new year to enter and opening the backdoor to allow the old year to leave. I know people who are saying they will open the windows too just to ease the transition.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all Creekers and especially to the supporting staff!

Frederick Skelly
01-01-2021, 7:36 AM
Happy New Year, all!

George Bokros
01-01-2021, 8:12 AM
Happy New Year, all!

Ronald Blue
01-01-2021, 9:10 AM
Happy New Year! 2021 will have to be better than 2020. At least I'm optimistic that it will be.

Lee Schierer
01-01-2021, 9:45 AM
Happy New Year everyone. Let's all work together to make 2021 better than 2020.

Jim Becker
01-01-2021, 10:28 AM
Happy New Year! I hope it's healthy and fulfilling for everyone!

Jon Grider
01-01-2021, 10:34 AM
Happy New Year!

Walter Mooney
01-01-2021, 11:42 AM
As we approach midnight on this December 31, I'll probably be snoring when the new year arrives, but though I'm not superstitious, if by chance I am awake, I may follow the old Irish tradition opening the front door for the new year to enter and opening the backdoor to allow the old year to leave. I know people who are saying they will open the windows too just to ease the transition.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all Creekers and especially to the supporting staff!

We opened the doors, and lifted our left foot so we'd start off on the right foot! :D

John K Jordan
01-01-2021, 11:56 AM
Yes, happy and safe new year to all!

May the second pandemic year quickly transition back normal with people joining together to act with wisdom and selflessness. May effective vaccines be made quickly available to all and fairly to those who need it the most. May the authorities act with wisdom and efficiency May the health and emergency workers be kept safe from infection. And may those families in serious trouble find food and shelter. My we each search for and be guided to help someone specific in need.

I'd like to be able to step foot off the farm again!

JKJ

Rod Sheridan
01-01-2021, 12:12 PM
Yes a safe and Happy New Year to all my friends here.

The ribs are on the BBQ, will be ready in an hour, can’t wait......Rod

Mike Henderson
01-01-2021, 12:25 PM
A Happy New Year to all. A chance for a new beginning. 2021 has to be a better year. Of course, compared to 2020 that should not be difficult.

Mike

Ken Fitzgerald
01-01-2021, 12:28 PM
We opened the doors, and lifted our left foot so we'd start off on the right foot! :D

:eek::rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D:D

Ken Fitzgerald
01-01-2021, 12:30 PM

May the second pandemic year quickly transition back normal with people joining together to act with wisdom and selflessness. May effective vaccines be made quickly available to all and fairly to those who need it the most. May the authorities act with wisdom and efficiency May the health and emergency workers be kept safe from infection. And may those families in serious trouble find food and shelter. My we each search for and be guided to help someone specific in need.

JKJ

Amen, Brother John!

Jon Grider
01-01-2021, 2:47 PM

JKJ
Amen and amen!

Andrew Joiner
01-01-2021, 4:12 PM
The extended family was at our house to have a "safe" New Years Eve gathering indoors. Most wore masks until they ate. To me it didn't look safe. I did come out of isolation for 15 minutes to say Happy New Year.
I'm not superstitious but I like science so I opened the backdoor and the windows to allow the potential virus to leave.:)

Lee DeRaud
01-01-2021, 8:55 PM
I would love to be optimistic about 2021, but I've got this nagging feeling that it's going to turn out to be "2020 Service Pack 1":
a few bug fixes but nothing dramatic until you do a clean install on a new machine.

Ronald Blue
01-02-2021, 11:26 AM
I would love to be optimistic about 2021, but I've got this nagging feeling that it's going to turn out to be "2020 Service Pack 1":
a few bug fixes but nothing dramatic until you do a clean install on a new machine.

I'm afraid at least in the early going you're right Lee. First couple months are going to be hard for many. They are trying to make it out that the Federal government is the reason the target number for the vaccine program wasn't reached. But all 50 states control the actual program. They said this morning that only 12.5 million vials were distributed. But much worse only about 3.5 million have been given. 25% isn't very good. It clearly means that there is a failure at the state level as well. Then there are the "line jumpers" but that's a whole different thread.

On a brighter note I think I will be returning to work Monday or Tuesday. So I have missed about 5 weeks because of Covid 19. I'm doing pretty well now other than a lot of coughing still at times and numbness/tingling in left hand pinky and ring finger and a slight amount in right hand pinky. Avoid this if you can. It's like Russian roulette. You don't know how it might affect you until you get it.

Aaron Rosenthal
01-02-2021, 12:08 PM
Ronald, I’ve been following your “progress” since you told us about your infection.
I found out my daughter and family in Los Angeles had been tested and came back with the antibodies-my son in law had been sick for weeks in the spring but because of lower testing rates had not been diagnosed at the time.
I also wish everyone a good 2021; become activists for vaccine rollout at your state and local levels.
My cousin in Seattle tells me they have no plan for his vaccination. Canada may not be any better.
Pathetic!

John K Jordan
01-02-2021, 2:49 PM

We expect 2021 to be Pandemic, Year 2.

Hope we are wrong. But for me it is still double masks, eye or face shield, groceries delivered to the car, attend church by live stream/clubs and board meetings by zoom, and stay busy around the farm. At least I live on 27 acres and have SO much to do. I feel so bad for people stuck in apartments and such. Our friends in a city in the far northern part of Italy are once again not allowed to leave their building except for emergencies or to pick up groceries. (The police patrol constantly and stop people on the street.) Fortunately, they have a double apartment with lots of space.

JKJ

Jim Becker
01-02-2021, 4:27 PM
Yes, 2021 will continue "business as usual" but will hopefully bring increasingly more pleasant conditions as the months go on, particularly after about June or so. Assuming the masses don't become stupid. It's not affecting this household a huge amount since we're not "social butterflies" anyway, but we do look forward to being able to share meals with some close friends once in awhile.

Andrew Joiner
01-02-2021, 6:57 PM
On a brighter note I think I will be returning to work Monday or Tuesday. So I have missed about 5 weeks because of Covid 19. I'm doing pretty well now other than a lot of coughing still at times and numbness/tingling in left hand pinky and ring finger and a slight amount in right hand pinky. Avoid this if you can. It's like Russian roulette. You don't know how it might affect you until you get it.
Great news! Thanks for the update Ronald.