PDA

View Full Version : Need some feeder wheels

Jeff Monson
12-30-2020, 9:17 AM
So my delta power feeder needs some new skins they have become hard and provide very little traction. So I was looking at western roller for replacements(polyurethane?). Mine are 60x120mm and I noticed the rim has a split in the middle. So questions are, do you just replace the tire, or the whole assembly? And also is this the best source for the wheels, or is there a better alternative? I'm assuming if I go though western roller it has to be called in as I see no pricing or ordering online.

Kevin Jenness
12-30-2020, 10:01 AM
If you can split the wheel and get a tire that fits that is the way to go. Western Roller has one-piece hubs and tires that are forced on. If you go that route have them do the assembly as it is a bit of a trick. I have had good results with their wheels. The yellow ones work well for lumber; if you are running a lot of slick material like melamine get the purple ones, but they are a bit less durable for mixed use.

Mike Kees
12-30-2020, 11:43 AM
Jeff I have two feeders one is Delta and the other is King Canada ,both are made by Comatic and have the two piece hub. I have purchased just the tires from Western roller and had no issues installing them . I went with the yellow wheels.

Jeff Monson
12-30-2020, 12:26 PM
Jeff I have two feeders one is Delta and the other is King Canada ,both are made by Comatic and have the two piece hub. I have purchased just the tires from Western roller and had no issues installing them . I went with the yellow wheels.

Perfect, that is just what I needed to hear.

Jared Sankovich
12-30-2020, 1:40 PM

Interesting. I have a set of comatic split hubs and western roller said they did have anything that would work. It was either buy their split hubs or run the all poly wheels.

Jeff Monson
12-30-2020, 2:39 PM
Interesting. I have a set of comatic split hubs and western roller said they did have anything that would work. It was either buy their split hubs or run the all poly wheels.

Jared, I'm thinking these are the correct tires. I have emailed and called into them with no response on the email and no callback from a sales rep.

Jim Andrew
12-30-2020, 3:46 PM
Just checked the 2020 Grizzly catalog, the G3101 replacement polyurethane rollers are 32.95 each. Anyone priced the Western replacement rollers?

Jeff Monson
12-30-2020, 4:33 PM
Just checked the 2020 Grizzly catalog, the G3101 replacement polyurethane rollers are 32.95 each. Anyone priced the Western replacement rollers?

Those look like the same specs Jim, I will order these from Grizzly as I need them fairly soon. I have tried with Western for 2 days now no answer so thanks for the part number.

Mike Kees
12-30-2020, 7:12 PM
Jeff those were the ones that I ordered,$35 each sounds about right off the top of my head. I phone them directly when I deal with Western ,they have treated me real well ,even sending me two replacement tires when I received one that was the wrong size.