PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a totally wireless surveillance camera- or 2 or 3

Kev Williams
12-28-2020, 7:44 PM
My needs (or wants?):

no wires whatsoever-
rechargeable battery powered-
at least 1080P-
wifi yes but internet optional, mostly NO unless we're on vacation, etc, I refuse to use ANY "cloud required" crap-
a way to display the images on a monitor like the old days, which seems to be impossible with wireless-?
audio not necessary--

At the moment I have an 8-ish year old Samsung 4-cam wired setup, low-grade res but all images on a monitor in the office-- the 3 cams still-working cams are okay for the side-of-the-house and backyard duty they're doing, but I want 2 or 3 good hi-def cams for front-yard duty, and I'd REALLY like the images shown on a common monitor if possible...

Jim Matthews
12-28-2020, 7:52 PM
I use the Eufy doorbell.

It can be queried from my phone through a dedicated App. No fees, or wires.

It has an independent base station that connects to your WiFi router, so it can't be used to infiltrate your network.

https://www.eufylife.com/products/604/656/video-doorbell

Ed Aumiller
12-28-2020, 8:40 PM
Check out the X10 website... X10.c0m..
I use there system for lights, door alarms, etc...

Brian Elfert
12-28-2020, 9:13 PM
Lorex appears to make camera systems that meet your requirements. They have rechargeable lithium batteries and they claim to work with or without Internet. They still have a standalone recorder, but smaller and sleeker than some of the older recorders I have seen.

Kev Williams
12-28-2020, 10:31 PM
Thanks guys!
-the Lorex system does pretty much do all I want..