PDA

View Full Version : Laser Marking - Heves ?

Cad Jones
12-27-2020, 3:16 PM
Has anyone tried the Heves Ink ?

Cad

Kev Williams
12-28-2020, 4:11 PM
Never heard of it until today- Looks interesting but their video's are a bit lacking in info...

Cad Jones
12-28-2020, 4:27 PM
What caught my attention was the Color Marking; Black, Red, Green, Yellow, Orange, Blue, Cyan.
Long material list too, Steel, Aluminum, Pottery, Marble, Crystal, Acrylic, Glass, Titanium. Polypropylene, ABS

Looks to be out of Argentina on ebay, but shipping high.

Bert Kemp
12-29-2020, 12:54 AM
what caught my eye was it said it works on leather. I wrote the co. for ore info. Doesn't show leather or a co2 laser . haven't heard back yet. pretty expensive and with shipping yikes LOL but may be worth it. Maybe get a US distributor cheaper.

Cad Jones
12-30-2020, 12:09 AM
Hmm, I didn't see Leather on this list.

Bert Kemp
12-30-2020, 1:31 AM
I did .............448134
Hmm, I didn't see Leather on this list.

Kev Williams
12-30-2020, 11:32 AM
Well-- I've used Cermark LMM-6000 for almost 20 years now. Not ONE other variant of Cermark has given me the same or even what I consider 'satisfactory' results (although the LMM-14? is pretty close. If only it didn't melt foam brushes). Cermark just came out with their end-all-be-all "Ultra". I paid $450 for a 1000gm bottle based only on their own glowing reviews. And no matter what I try, no matter how many variables in power to speed to resolution ratios I've used, I can't make it work. And worse, trying to fix what didn't work only makes it worse. So FWIW, that's my zero stars review of Ultra...

That said, caveat emptor definitely applies to this Heves stuff :)

Bert Kemp
12-30-2020, 11:01 PM
Well its been 3 days since I wrote the company that sells it. Still no reply. Maybe their on Holiday. I'm in no hurry but if I don't get an answer by say the 5th or 6th of Next year then that tells a story.

Bert Kemp
12-31-2020, 12:02 AM
UPDATE, Just got an email from them. One sentence "yes it works on leather as long as the leather is tanned" Not a very satisfactory answer to the questions I asked. I replied I need more info on how to apply it to Veg tanned leather and how to remove the excess. I don't think it will work on Veg tan .

Kim McIntosh
01-01-2021, 5:16 PM
Bert, I need to talk to the Australian distributor about another matter. Happy to ask him if he's sold any for leather marking and if I can have their contact details. They aren't back at work till the 11th.

Bert Kemp
01-01-2021, 6:08 PM
We've already determined there product will not work on Veg Tan leather LOL but his email is gary@pulselasersystems.com.au
Bert, I need to talk to the Australian distributor about another matter. Happy to ask him if he's sold any for leather marking and if I can have their contact details. They aren't back at work till the 11th.

Kim McIntosh
01-01-2021, 8:35 PM
Yes. That's the chap I'm going to talk to.