PDA

View Full Version : Scroll Saw

David Fried
01-03-2006, 11:02 PM
I have never used or owned a scroll saw but I brought one home from the dump. It looked so bad I almost left it there. Almost. This what it looked like after a little cleaning. Since then I have gotten most of the rust off the table.
First thing I did was plug it in and it works! The tag on the front says it was made by Duro Metal Products.
The OWWM web site states "Duro's lathe was sold by Montgomery Wards" so the tag on the motor wasn't a surprise.
It even came with a foot switch!
Someone was also tossing a beat contractors saw so I tossed it and brought home the stand. I plan on bolting some plywood to the top and putting the scroll saw on it.

I figure it's something new to explore. Thanks for looking.

Dave Fried

Rob Bourgeois
01-04-2006, 8:08 AM
Cool old saw...how do the blades attach. If it only takes "pinned" blades you will be limited to how small you can cut. But there is some retrofit kits that I have seen if you can get creative enough.

My dump here does allow you to pickup stuff..it sucks when you see all the tools and potentioanl turning stock.

David Fried
01-04-2006, 8:12 AM
Cool old saw...how do the blades attach. If it only takes "pinned" blades you will be limited to how small you can cut. But there is some retrofit kits that I have seen if you can get creative enough.

My dump here does allow you to pickup stuff..it sucks when you see all the tools and potentioanl turning stock.

Rob,

I know nothing about scroll saws. The blade that is in there has no pins. Is this good or bad? Thanks.

Dave Fried

tod evans
01-04-2006, 8:25 AM
david, these are really cool old saws the blade doesn`t travel in an arc like on the parallel arm saws on the market today. i`m not certain but i think parts are available through delta for the plunge and drive. be sure to keep the oil pot full. i used 90 wt. gear grease on mine with good luck.. enjoy! tod