PDA

View Full Version : Festool cords

Jack Frederick
12-20-2020, 11:50 AM
I have the TS55, dust extractor and the cheaper sander. One of the things I really appreciate with Festool is they provide enough of the properly size power cord to function without having to drag out an extension cord. ALL of the other brand tools I have give you 4-6’ and good enough, but it isn’t?

johnny means
12-20-2020, 4:35 PM
Are you sure you're not discounting the $700 extension cord with the built in vacuum? I'm not so sure any of my Festool cords would get me from the wall to my bench or any temporary work surface.

Doug Dawson
12-20-2020, 4:41 PM
I use a green extension cord with Festools. It would be nice to have the powered robo arm, but my ceilings are too low.

I also have blue and yellow extension cords.

Jim Becker
12-20-2020, 7:00 PM
Jack, I agree that the cords with the Festool tools and the CT extractors are quite generous compared to some other setups. I'd rather have more than I need than be short. But it's also something I expect with the level of investment I made. (much of it nearly 15 years ago now so the math works, too)

Dave Sabo
12-20-2020, 10:47 PM
Absolutely. One of the reasons they cost more.

I know some fellas that go as far as buying the adapter to re-wire their other tools to use with the festool power cord.

Other tools manuf. are catching on though. Mirka and other premium sanders have long cords too. So does Fein's multimaster.

Jeff Monson
12-21-2020, 10:12 AM
Festool cords are nice and long, it goes along with other nice features that Festool brings to the table. Their products are well thought out for the most part. My Fein multi tool is the king though, that cord has to be 15 feet!! Its great until you have to put it back in the storage container. The looser of all time is my Mr Twister electric fillet knife, the cord is a tight spiral cord at about 20" at best.

Mike Kees
12-21-2020, 9:11 PM
Festool cords are nice and long, it goes along with other nice features that Festool brings to the table. Their products are well thought out for the most part. My Fein multi tool is the king though, that cord has to be 15 feet!! Its great until you have to put it back in the storage container. The looser of all time is my Mr Twister electric fillet knife, the cord is a tight spiral cord at about 20" at best.
Jeff you have not seen the circular saw that Bosch made with no cord at all. You plug the extension cord right in to the end of the handle.

Joe Hendershott
12-22-2020, 7:07 AM
Perhaps another reason is the extraction hose length. The electrical cord needs to be as long as the hose supplied with the CTs. Wouldn't be much good to have a shorter cord that limits the distance from the dust extractor you plug into, no? I also feel the same way as Jim- It's a sizable investment and I would expect nothing less.