PDA

View Full Version : moisture meters

Reg Mitchell
01-03-2006, 8:58 PM
Good evening gentalmen,
I would like to buy a moister meter. Ant sugestions on one that is relatively low priced and works well. I got a deal on 3800 bf of cherry and walnut and i would like to check the moisture level on it befor i make the decision, but it will be hard to pass up at the price at any level :)

lou sansone
01-03-2006, 9:09 PM
mini lingo is my choice
lou

Reg Mitchell
01-03-2006, 9:14 PM
thanks lou.....looks like a pretty nice little meter..

Jim Becker
01-03-2006, 9:29 PM
Yes, the mini Ligno gets a lot of kudos from folks. I have a Wagner pin-less and it also works well, but the pin type is often better for rough stock. Ideally, I'd have both types...but you know how it goes!

Reg Mitchell
01-03-2006, 9:34 PM
thanks Jim this is all band saw lumber cherry and black walnut....I think investing in a meter will let me know how long i will let it sit befor I might be able to use it ;)

Christopher Stahl
01-03-2006, 9:43 PM
I also have the mini ligno that I think works great.

John Miliunas
01-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Hi Reg, I went through this desicion process some time ago. In the end, Delmhorst won the vote. Seems they have some of THE best support in the industry and make accurate meters. I picked up the J-Lite and have been very pleased with it.:) :cool:

Reg Mitchell
01-04-2006, 4:17 AM
thanks guys...as always i get a lot of different names but it is good so i can at least have something to go on. Thanks for shareing guys :D

Keith Outten
01-04-2006, 5:14 AM
Reg,

I bought the Mini Ligno about 15 years ago, it still works perfectly today. NASA Langley had a calibration standard for the mini ligno and I was able to test mine when I worked for a contractor there so I can say they are accurate as well as durable.