PDA

View Full Version : Any Furnace guys here

Bert Kemp
12-17-2020, 4:06 PM
I have a Revolv Gas Furnace Electric Ignition. turned it on this am to take chill off. Started up ran fine heat came on, shut off when house was up to temp. Started again when temp called for it, then the fan would not shut off. I put thermo in off position but fan kept going. I went and opened door on Furnace and it shut off closed door and it started again . seems closing the furnace door now makes fan run
any ideas??

Thomas McCurnin
12-17-2020, 4:09 PM
This happened to me last week, and I discovered that I had mistakenly punched the fan from "auto" to "on." I would shut the thing off, unplug it, or flip off the breaker and let it reset. There are simple computers in those rascals which may need rebooting.

Bert Kemp
12-17-2020, 4:12 PM
This happened to me last week, and I discovered that I had mistakenly punched the fan from "auto" to "on." I would shut the thing off, unplug it, or flip off the breaker and let it reset. There are simple computers in those rascals which may need rebooting.

I'll try shutting breaker off for a while see if that does anything. I went and looked at the thermo and yep I did that same thing set it back to auto all is good Whewww Thanks this place is amazing, saved me a bundle for not having to call a service guy. I just had to replace my regulator few weeks back and it wqas close to 300 bucks to have them come replace it.

Bruce King
12-17-2020, 4:47 PM
The furnace cover has a safety switch that shuts off everything when opened. If the fan being stuck on persists after making sure it’s in auto and no recirculation feature present you have a stuck/ bad thermostat or sensor in the unit. Rarely could be the wall tstat. They have selections in the airhandler or tstat setup to set how long you want the fan to keep running after the flame goes out. Usually 15 seconds to 90 seconds with most techs setting them to 30 or 60 seconds.

Bert Kemp
12-17-2020, 5:07 PM
Thanks Bruce I put the thermo back to auto and the covers on so far so good. Think its gonna be OK but if not I'll holler here for help :)
The furnace cover has a safety switch that shuts off everything when opened. If the fan being stuck on persists after making sure it’s in auto and no recirculation feature present you have a stuck/ bad thermostat or sensor in the unit. Rarely could be the wall tstat. They have selections in the airhandler or tstat setup to set how long you want the fan to keep running after the flame goes out. Usually 15 seconds to 90 seconds with most techs setting them to 30 or 60 seconds.