PDA

View Full Version : How do I adjust the out feed table on an FS41?

Chris Livingston
01-03-2006, 8:28 PM
Found my out feed table to be sloping away from the cutter heat so I need to bring it up between a 1/32 and a 1/16" but of course the manual only shows how to adjust the table eight.

Thanks,

Chris

Jim Becker
01-03-2006, 9:28 PM
If it's like my FS350, you need to shim it on the hinge side after loosening the bolts (careful!) and use the adjustable foot on the non-hinge side. Remember, you need to adjust both sides the same amount to remain co-planer.

Chris Livingston
01-03-2006, 9:47 PM
The FS41 is more like a parallelogram and the entire top is hinged together. From what I can find on the Mini Max forum it is fairly simple and does not require shims but the posts do not explain how to adjust it and I don't want to start messing with it till I know what I'm messing with. Thanks though Jim.

Chris Livingston
01-03-2006, 10:16 PM
I stand corrected. Just talked to Paul and you do in fact have to shim. Guess the other posts I found were wrong. Jim, I bow before your intellect. I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy, I suck, I'm scum.

Paul B. Cresti
01-03-2006, 10:26 PM
I stand corrected. Just talked to Paul and you do in fact have to shim. Guess the other posts I found were wrong. Jim, I bow before your intellect. I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy, I suck, I'm scum.

Chris,
You actually think I know what I am talking about :confused: let alone Jim ;) Boy did we fool you. The center of my shop is the Skil X-shop. I have actually made 12 kitchens on it so far and have yet to need any help. Just ask my fellow woodworker in Brooklyn about it, you know the one that has that Harley/Woodworking magazine:D