PDA

View Full Version : Found this site and had to join

Tim Devery
01-03-2006, 8:21 PM
Found this great site doing a Google search for Jointer knives.

I just ruined a set of jointer knives on my grizzly 8".
I decieded to make sure the fences on my shaper were flat.
Unfortunatly, I hit a busted off screw from a jig rigup. ouch
Anyway, seems there is a silver lining to every dark cloud!

Don Baer
01-03-2006, 8:22 PM
Tim Welcome to the creek. Wade around and join in to the discussions.

Corey Hallagan
01-03-2006, 8:34 PM
Welcome to the Creek Tim, best woodworking forum on the net! Bar None!

Corey

Tom Pritchard
01-03-2006, 8:36 PM
Found this great site doing a Google search for Jointer knives.

I just ruined a set of jointer knives on my grizzly 8".
I decieded to make sure the fences on my shaper were flat.
Unfortunatly, I hit a busted off screw from a jig rigup. ouch
Anyway, seems there is a silver lining to every dark cloud!

Tim, welcome to the Creek!

It's always great sharing stories like this here at the Creek. You know that almost everyone here can relate with what happened to you, and they truly feel your pain! Sorry to hear about your knives. Which Grizzly jointer do you have, and how do you like it?

Tim Devery
01-03-2006, 8:44 PM
Thanks for the Warm Welcome!
I have the 8" G500, nice machine. And it is JD Green
I am a professional hardwood installer and finisher by trade.
So I have lots of extra flooring to use for projects.
I had a customer order 200 Square foot of 6" thru 8" rift sawn white oak,
He decieded to not pay me, I was stuck with the wood. So this is how I got started in woodworking.
Also my brother makes flooring, so I can get rough lumber at wholesale cost.
I am located between Philadelphia and Allentown, PA

Steve Clardy
01-03-2006, 8:48 PM
Welcome Tim!

John Miliunas
01-03-2006, 8:49 PM
Hey Tim, welcome to the Creek, where the information always flows and there's a wise-guy just around each bend!:) Stick around a while and you may find you like it!:)

As for the jointer knives, bummer! I think the Grizz blades are reasonably priced but, for my next set of planer knives, I think I'm going to try these folks out: http://globaltooling.bizhosting.com/index.html No affiliation with the company, but I've heard many good things about them and they supposedly use high grade steel and the knives come nice and sharp (no honing needed).:) :cool:

Jim Becker
01-03-2006, 9:01 PM
Welcome aboard, neighbor! (well...not around the corner, but close) Watch out for that Miliunas guy... ;)

Tim Devery
01-03-2006, 9:04 PM
Thanks John
I knew that was going to happen. I just ordered a replacement set of knifes from Grizzly. And here you go telling me there is something better already! You must be near Ambros randa, I almost died when I saw what he wants for wood.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-03-2006, 9:05 PM
Welcome to the Creek Tim! Neat place to exchange information...........wade right in ....the water's fine!

Doug Shepard
01-03-2006, 9:06 PM
Welcome to the Creek. I'm sure you'll enjoy the place. I must have missed the fine print about the signup fee here. Guess I better go out and wreck my joiner knives to get my dues up to date.:D

lou sansone
01-03-2006, 9:09 PM
welcome to the creek ... your gonna like it
lou

Bernie Weishapl
01-03-2006, 9:36 PM
Welcome aboard Tim. Your gonna love it.

Reg Mitchell
01-03-2006, 9:42 PM
welcome Tim.....great guys and a lot of knowledge :D

Peter Pedisich
01-03-2006, 9:59 PM
Welcome Tim!

I've been inspired by and learned more from these guys & gals than any other single source, there is a wealth of information available here.

Good luck with the jointer knives.

Pete

Mark Rios
01-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Glad you're here TIm. You'll find everything you need here in the Creek. Well, not from me, I still have a long way to go and plenty of questions to ask. But these folks around here really know their stuff. And they're very nice too. Even to me.:D :D :D :D :D

I don't know if they've told you yet but you better have a digital camera. They go absolutely bonkers around here if you don't post pics. One of the membership requirements I think. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

John Bailey
01-04-2006, 7:19 AM
Welcome to the "Creek" Tim. Don't worry about the blades, we've all been there and usually worse. This is the best forum around and you're gonna' like it.

John