PDA

View Full Version : The Repair Shop

Mike Null
12-16-2020, 4:33 PM
A couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon a tv show called The Repair Shop on Netflix. I am mesmerized by it. They have a staff of craftsmen and artisans who work magic on all sorts of old family treasures. It is fascinating to watch how they go about the repairs and the amazing results they get.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-16-2020, 4:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

Wes Mitchell
12-16-2020, 4:45 PM
I like this one also. They just added a new season I think. I watched the last season last year. It's a refreshing format - No unnecessary drama, no competition, just craftsmen(craftspeople) doing what they do best.

Gordon Dale
12-16-2020, 5:31 PM
I love this show. Very restful. As Wes said, no unnecessary drama. And the craftspeople do excellent work--themselves! No off-camera crew doing the heavy lifting.

Dave Lehnert
12-16-2020, 5:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLzG5rApQkTvO4JnBksPNaQ

Bill McNiel
12-16-2020, 6:44 PM
One of my favorite shows. Truly entertaining and I learn something almost every episode.

Clark Hussey
12-16-2020, 8:44 PM
I just started watching it a few days ago. So far so good

Ronald Blue
12-18-2020, 7:57 AM
I just started watching this morning. Of course not everything is captivating but still nicely done. It is always a pleasure to watch a skilled craftsman using their knowledge and skills. Things you may take for granted until you watch the work being done.

Lee DeRaud
12-20-2020, 2:27 AM
I've watched three episode so far, but I'm saving the rest of the season for my next bout of insomnia...should clear that right up. :)

jared herbert
12-20-2020, 6:57 AM
Funny you should mention insomnia. Just yesterday morning, very early, I fell back asleep for about two more hours while watching it for the very first time. I read about the repair shop on this forum and thought I would give it a try. Works for me

roger wiegand
12-20-2020, 8:17 AM
A friend from the mechanical organ world is one of the guest repairers on the show; apparently it really is a lovely group of people to work with and he has fun when he's called on for an episode. I haven't actually seen one of his segments yet, as Netflix runs well behind the British publication schedule.

Bruce Volden
12-20-2020, 2:14 PM
I don't know why you guys torment me like this!
Now I'm binge watching!

Bruce

Ronald Blue
12-20-2020, 2:38 PM
A friend from the mechanical organ world is one of the guest repairers on the show; apparently it really is a lovely group of people to work with and he has fun when he's called on for an episode. I haven't actually seen one of his segments yet, as Netflix runs well behind the British publication schedule.

It appears the guy who does the clock repair is good at his job as well. He has turned several that were in poor condition into well oiled machines again. Installing the small bushings where the shaft has worn into the case excessively.