PDA

View Full Version : Laguna 14BX/18BX Owners

Bryan Cleveland
12-15-2020, 6:57 PM
I own an 18BX that I’ve had 6 months or so. I just noticed that my table insert was actually installed upside down from the factory. I mean I’ve noticed but until yesterday never made a cut with the table tilted(I was at 45 degrees).

I was unable to put the table insert in the table. Hitting the blade I had an 1/8” or better before seating the insert. I tried installing it upside down chamfered cutout for the blade facing up and the insert popped right in plenty of room on both sides of the blade. Unfortunately the hole to secure the insert was not and cannot be countersunk. Insert is not thick enough.

To be clear the chamfered cutout on my insert is on the opposite side from the countersunk hole for the screw to secure the insert.

Anyone else notice this? I’ve contacted Laguna and they responded quickly but I just sent pics to them and they are now closed. I’ll report back what they say.

Paul F Franklin
12-15-2020, 7:09 PM
I just walked down and looked at my 18BX. The chamfer on the insert is below the table, and I have no trouble tilting the table through the full range without it hitting the blade. I wonder if your trunnions aren't properly aligned so the pivot point of the table is right at the center of the blade opening. How wide is the opening your plate; mine's maybe a fat 1/4"

Bryan Cleveland
12-16-2020, 6:36 AM
Yeah you may be right Paul. I had not even thought about that. You know I bet that is my problem. When I get home I’ll adjust it and report back. Thanks.

Bryan Cleveland
12-20-2020, 12:37 PM
Thank you Paul. That’s exactly what it was. God I still can’t believe I didn’t think of that. I was so focused on the insert chamfer. Thank you.

Paul F Franklin
12-20-2020, 1:26 PM
Thank you Paul. That’s exactly what it was. God I still can’t believe I didn’t think of that. I was so focused on the insert chamfer. Thank you.

Glad to help and glad you got it sorted!