PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing?

Mickey Bailey
12-12-2020, 12:19 AM
I’ve been turning about 3 years, joining AAW before I knew about a local club. Now I’ve accepted the presidency of the club, that hasn’t met face to face in 9 months. Zoom meeting draw less than 20% of membership. What are other, similar clubs doing to stay viable?

roger wiegand
12-12-2020, 8:58 AM
20-30% would be a good turnout for our live meetings, we seem to be getting more for our Zoom meetings, especially ones with a good live remote demo scheduled. Sharing the cost of pro live remote demos among several chapters is working well for us, so we have one about every other month now. We had Cindy Drozda this month (who was wonderful, as always, but a little more informal in the post-demo chat with members, which was really nice). Four chapters participated, I didn't track the total numbers but I'm pretty sure we were in at least the high 80's one time I looked.

We're just now doing our annual gift exchange. We can't do the traditional Yankee swap, but a member is driving from member to member this Sunday to pick up and deliver gifts in brown paper bags to be opened at our next meeting; everyone has to guess who made the gift, the correct guesses gets next pick (or in this case, opening).

We have a number members participating by Zoom who could seldom make it to live meetings, our intention appears to be to continue to offer remote access even after we can meet in person again.