PDA

View Full Version : A new Craigs list trailer scam

Bill Dufour
12-10-2020, 2:32 PM
Saw what I think is a new scam on Craigs list last night. They used a picture of a new black trailer that I have only seen in "for sale" scams at ridiculously low prices.
The new scam is they say they own this trailer and need some one to haul it cross country for them. I think they say they will pay you to haul it.
I assume they will ask for a security deposit before you pick it up. Probably then you will be directed to go to the ebay used car lot to pick it up.
I did not see any mention that they were in the military and had to do it quick before they got deployed to attack Nigeria and depose the prince to rid the world of internet scams forever and ever
Bill D.

Ron Citerone
12-10-2020, 3:41 PM
Probably a scam. I see bass boat deals that are clearly scams on CL here in the Philly area.

Jon Grider
12-10-2020, 5:18 PM
They didn't mention the trailer was loaded with Fentanyl?

Ronald Blue
12-10-2020, 9:58 PM
They didn't mention the trailer was loaded with Fentanyl?

Just heaped up with manure........

Curt Harms
12-11-2020, 9:14 AM
I did not see any mention that they were in the military and had to do it quick before they got deployed to attack Nigeria and depose the prince to rid the world of internet scams forever and ever
Bill D.

They couldn't. it's a classified mission, silly.

:D

Malcolm Schweizer
12-11-2020, 10:46 AM
I follow Craigslist in different cities and that same trailer is all over! The funny thing is when they post on the Virgin Islands Craigslist and there are oak trees in the background with no leaves. The best one ever is the apartment for rent that said “driveway kept snow plowed during winter.”

Bill Dufour
12-11-2020, 11:36 AM
I would think all the apartments for rent there keep the snow off the parking lots. Kind of like all the cholesterol free products these days...cholesterol free water, bread, fruit, sugar etc. Here they sell car windshield wash protected not to freeze down to 32 degrees F!
Bill D

Curt Harms
12-12-2020, 8:22 AM
I would think all the apartments for rent there keep the snow off the parking lots. Kind of like all the cholesterol free products these days...cholesterol free water, bread, fruit, sugar etc. Here they sell car windshield wash protected not to freeze down to 32 degrees F!
Bill D

Don't forget gluten free meat :)

Bill Dufour
12-12-2020, 12:32 PM
Or the Carbohydrate, Gluten and calorie free water.

Alan Rutherford
12-12-2020, 1:26 PM
Speaking of snow.... Not a scam, just misguided. What happens when some web developer tries to tailor a web page to the user but isn't as clever as he thinks he is.

Rick Potter
12-12-2020, 2:46 PM
I am waiting for........... Covid medicine: We ordered too much, and it must be used within 10 days....hurry.

Bill Dufour
12-12-2020, 4:44 PM
I see that in Florida when it gets cold people wear hats in the hot tub. Is that what they mean by covers.
Bil lD

Bruce Wrenn
12-12-2020, 7:59 PM
Here it's a Miller 302 Trailblazer welder. Eight hundred bucks! List as being in several cities, all with the same picture. One fast welder!

Malcolm Schweizer
12-13-2020, 10:16 AM
Here it's a Miller 302 Trailblazer welder. Eight hundred bucks! List as being in several cities, all with the same picture. One fast welder!

Ha! I have seen that one as well. They really need to step up their game- they are getting lazy.

lowell holmes
12-13-2020, 10:55 AM
I would not buy unseen, not even Kleenex.