PDA

View Full Version : FreeStuff Drawing - BowClamp 01/20/06, WINNER

Keith Outten
01-03-2006, 5:28 PM
FreeStuff Drawing from;

BOWCLAMP

Three Bowclamps, one of each size 2',3',4', including free shipping to the FreeStuff Winner from SMC Member Craig Feuerzeig of Zig Industries.

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you have ever thought, "You can never have enough clamps..."

The Bowclamp is a "good caul" designed to clamp up to 4 linear feet, with only one clamp at each end. It uses modern CNC technology to realize an age old idea... the perfect bow shaped arc.

Ideal for solid wood edgebanding, instead of glue and a clamp "every couple of inches" (requiring typically 10 clamps over four feet, and giving uneven pressure), The Bowclamp uses 2 clamps and gives equal pressure the whole way, making for a finer joint. You can edge all four sides of a table at the same time, with only 4 bar clamps, getting equal pressure all the way around. There is a T-slot on the back, allowing the pad of the clamp to fit inside, making it adjustable for any size workpiece, while eliminating fumbling with the clamps. They are handcrafted in the USA, from northern rock maple, and coated in wax so glue won't stick.

Perfect for solid wood edgebanding, instead of glue and a clamp "every couple of inches" (requiring typically 10 clamps over four feet, and giving uneven pressure), The Bowclamp uses 2 clamps and gives equal pressure the whole way, making for a finer joint. I can edge all four sides of a table at the same time, with only 4 bar clamps, getting equal pressure all the way around.

Many uses in the shop: gluing face-frames to carcasses, counter-top edges, veneer and marquetry, hard to reach areas, etc.

For more information visit the following web site;

http://www.bowclamp.com

This FreeStuff Drawing is scheduled for Januay 20th, 2006 at 8pm EST. The winner will have one week to post a message in this thread and claim their prize.

Good Luck to All.........

Jerry Bittner
01-03-2006, 5:37 PM
Another tool on my wish list.

Matt Crew
01-03-2006, 6:27 PM
Thanks Craig. Can never have enough of them.
Good luck everyone.

Ron Robinson
01-03-2006, 8:58 PM
Cool! Good Luck.

Keith Outten
01-03-2006, 9:14 PM
Thanks Craig. Can never have enough of them.
Good luck everyone.

Matt,

The BowClamp is designed to reduce the number of clamps you need to buy thus saving you money to purchase other tools. The clamp companies don't want you to know this, they would lose money :)

Wayne Boian
01-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Count me in for this one.

Wayne

Randy Davidson
01-04-2006, 7:08 AM
Did someone say clamp?

Glenn Clabo
01-04-2006, 7:18 AM
Thanks Craig for the donation. Interesting product you've come up with.

p.s. - Nice dog!

Craig Feuerzeig
01-04-2006, 7:59 AM
thanks, he's a goo' boy.

p.s. you're quite a looker yourself.

Robert Mayer
01-04-2006, 8:15 AM
count me in

Steve Clardy
01-04-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm in!!! Thanks Craig!

Dominick Giarraputo
01-04-2006, 8:48 PM
Count me in!

Jim Becker
01-08-2006, 9:08 PM
I had the opportunity to meet and speak with Craig briefly today at the Somerset show. His caul system isn't a gimmick...it truly works as advertised from what I saw. The winner of this one will get a great "work saver" (and clamp saver) for their shop!

Bob Marino
01-08-2006, 9:53 PM
I had the opportunity to meet and speak with Craig briefly today at the Somerset show. His caul system isn't a gimmick...it truly works as advertised from what I saw. The winner of this one will get a great "work saver" (and clamp saver) for their shop!

Agree with Jim. Craig introduced himself to me at the show, as a former neighbor, (Glen Ridge) and also gave me a quick run down on his caul/clamp. I will be placing an order shortly!

Bob

Gary Herrmann
01-10-2006, 5:34 PM
Good product idea, Craig. I hope you do well. 'Course, I'll be happy to report on my usage after I win.

Mel Barker
01-10-2006, 7:20 PM
Count me in.

Robert Malone
01-20-2006, 3:12 PM
Well, tonight is the night.
I just want to thank Craig early.
I hope.
Bob

Scott Coffelt
01-20-2006, 3:27 PM
Well, it will probably be Clardy as it seems I've seen his name a few times.... dang you Steve. I am sure of one thing it won't be me, I never win squat. None the less, sure want to Thank all the fine folks donating stuff for drawings.

Steve Clardy
01-20-2006, 4:13 PM
Well, it will probably be Clardy as it seems I've seen his name a few times.... dang you Steve. I am sure of one thing it won't be me, I never win squat. None the less, sure want to Thank all the fine folks donating stuff for drawings.

Gotta pay the right people.:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

I used to say that. Never win anything. But I can't say that anymore.;)

Ready for breakfast at kc Scott? I am. Rearing to go!!:D

Scott Coffelt
01-20-2006, 5:12 PM
I am but I am also mixed in emotions. I saw the exhibitors list and a new name has joined in... Lee Valley, which is great. Downer though is I do not see Lie Nielsen listed. I wanted to spend some more time this year watching plane demos.

Now for food, I always have room for that.

Steve Clardy
01-20-2006, 5:20 PM
I am but I am also mixed in emotions. I saw the exhibitors list and a new name has joined in... Lee Valley, which is great. Downer though is I do not see Lie Nielsen listed. I wanted to spend some more time this year watching plane demos.

Now for food, I always have room for that.

Lee Valley? Well thats good!! Another dent in the plastic card.:eek:

Sure hope Lie Neilsons there,:( need to pick up a container of oil for tool prorection, and of course, drool on some of them planes:D

Scott Coffelt
01-20-2006, 5:54 PM
Doesn't look like it from the WWing Show web site. By the way, be careful where you aim that prorection, not in my direction Mr. Then again, never seen one either. :):(

Steve Clardy
01-20-2006, 6:02 PM
Doesn't look like it from the WWing Show web site. By the way, be careful where you aim that prorection, not in my direction Mr. Then again, never seen one either. :):(

:D :D :D :D ROFLOL

I'll buzz the woodshow site and see if Lie's gonna be in Collinsville show. Week before the KC one.
I'm going to hit both again this year.:)

Craig Feuerzeig
01-20-2006, 6:15 PM
Just wanted to wish everybody luck and say thank you for the kind wishes and for the opportunity to share with other woodworkers. They're boxed up and ready to go, just tell me where to send 'em...

PS I added a video demonstration to the website today. Hope it helps.

Don't laugh.:p

Aaron Koehl
01-20-2006, 8:42 PM
This FreeStuff Drawing is scheduled for Januay 20th, 2006 at 8pm EST. The winner will have one week to post a message in this thread and claim their prize.

Good Luck to All.........

And the winner is...
Randy Meijer

Randy, send Keith a PM with your address or email webmaster@sawmillcreek.org (webmaster@sawmillcreek.org) to collect your winnings!

Steve Clardy
01-20-2006, 8:48 PM
Congrats Randy!! Be sure and report in on how they work.
Steve

Robert Malone
01-21-2006, 6:43 AM
Way to go Randy.
Bob

Randy Davidson
01-21-2006, 7:14 AM
Many thanks for the donation.
Man, I thought for sure he was going to say Randy Davidson. Oh well, congratulations guy.

Craig Feuerzeig
01-21-2006, 7:45 AM
Drop me a line and I'll give you a caul.:p
Thanks everyone for your interest. Happy clamping.

Gary Curtis
01-23-2006, 5:34 PM
This would be my #16 clamp. So, I guess you could say I'm impoverished.

Gary Curtis

Thomas Wyatt
01-28-2006, 1:43 AM
Congratulations Randy.

Craig Feuerzeig
02-08-2006, 3:26 PM
The sample set of 3 Bowclamps remains unclaimed as far as I know. Sorry, as I'm new here I don't really know how this usually works, and I fear stepping on anyone's toes.

That said... the first one to PM me with their shipping address gets them.:D

Anybody?

Ken Alcott
02-08-2006, 4:26 PM
Craig, I sent pm to you.

Craig Feuerzeig
02-08-2006, 6:15 PM
Congratulations Ken, I hope you enjoy them.

Craig

Ken Alcott
02-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Thanks Craig I will put them to good use.

I am originally from NJ as well (Paramus area).

Robert Louis Johnson
01-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Which ones will best fit my MFT1080, and are they metric compatable ;-)?

Jack Ferrell
01-12-2007, 12:14 AM
Robert, there is a manufacturer's forum on the bow clamps down at the bottom of the main page index. Or you could email Craig Feuerzeig and ask him. I believe he is the one who makes these.

richard poitras
01-12-2007, 12:20 PM
....Count me in

Jason Anders
01-12-2007, 4:48 PM
The clamp companies don't want you to know this, they would lose money :)

I see what you mean... never heard of it before. Sweet tool, great idea. Special thanks to Craig for the donation.

Craig Feuerzeig
01-13-2007, 8:37 AM
I appreciate your interest guys, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but... this thread is a year old. :(

I'm sure I'll have another give-away, but I just did one before the holidays.:)