PDA

View Full Version : Due Diligence

Bill Fellmy
01-03-2006, 5:24 PM
While searching for a Stanley #4, I came across a site called Electronic Neanderthal Site. It is also headed "Akbar 'n' Jeff's Tool Hut. Has anyone had any purchasing experience there? As always, I appreciate your input.

Bill

Ben Knebel
01-07-2006, 9:59 AM
Hi Bill;
Never purchased anything from them but I know they have been around for awhile--at least 6 years. In my collecting days when doing searches I ran across them all the time. You might be better off posting on the Old Tools List--they are collector centric and you might have better luck there finding somebody that has bought from them.
Best regards,
Ben Knebel

Mike Wenzloff
01-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Akbar 'n' Jeff's Tool Hut, aka Tom Bruce, is one of the most ethical tool sellers on the web. Same with Jon Zimmers and Patrick Leach.

He/they gets dollars from me from time to time.

Take care, Mike

Bill Fellmy
01-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Thanks Mike and Ben. Your comments were most helpful and validated what I thought would be the case. Looks like I'll be placing an order with Tom Bruce soon. And, Mike, I have been reading and reading on Patrick Leach's website.

Thanks again, guys.

Bill

Mike Wenzloff
01-07-2006, 1:27 PM
Hi again, Bill.

Patrick has a mailing list you can join to see his [mostly] monthly for sale offerings. Usually quite a list, different each month. Details are on his website.

Welcome to the slope, Mike

fwiw, the Old Tools list is comprised of collectors and users--most a touch of both. Extremely knowledgable bunch. You can peruse/search the archives [frequently updated] without joining the list.

Bill Fellmy
01-13-2006, 1:37 PM
I placed an order for a #4 Stanley from Akbar 'N Jeff's (aka Tom Bruce) last weekend and by Sunday night had received an email stating that the handplane would be shipped on Monday. It arrived on Thursday. Now all I have to do is a thorough cleaning and sharpening then set about the task of learning to use it! Count me as a happy camper and a Tom Bruce satisfied customer.