PDA

View Full Version : How much $ for a RAS?

Joe Tonich
07-13-2003, 9:13 PM
SWMBO's having a yard sale next Saturday and I was going to put my Craftsman 10" RAS out. What would be a realistic price to ask for it in your opinion? I haven't used it in years since I was doing remodeling and need the space that it's using up. Don't want to just give it away or soak anyone, just want to make a fair deal.

Thanks,

Joe

Jim Becker
07-13-2003, 11:04 PM
Before you sell that RAS, you may want to check if it's on the recall list for piece of mind. Many of the Craftsman RAS were and depending on the model, etc., it's either a free retrofit for some parts or (as least it was) some cash for sending them the unit so it can be destroyed--or something like that.

Joe Tonich
07-14-2003, 4:36 PM
Before you sell that RAS, you may want to check if it's on the recall list for piece of mind. Many of the Craftsman RAS were and depending on the model, etc., it's either a free retrofit for some parts or (as least it was) some cash for sending them the unit so it can be destroyed--or something like that.

Already done that and installed the new guard. Selling it with both guards and manuals.

Joe

Steve Clardy
07-15-2003, 10:07 PM
If its like mine, mid 70's, not worth much. I also had the retro sent for mine, still in the box, guards, table, etc. Never opened it. I value mine at around $200.00. Most won't pay more than that if they know the problems these saws have. Besides, miter saws have just about taken over the radial arm market. Mines going to be a boat anchor one of these days, after I purchase another 12" slider. Steve

Don Farr
07-16-2003, 10:48 AM
Hi Joe, If your sale goes like our recent church sale went, you may be disappointed in what you get. Most people that attend those sales want something for nothing. I donated drills and a 6" bench/belt sander, roofing nailer etc. It all worked, but nobody wanted to give more than a few bucks for anything. Good Luck!
Just my 2 cents worth.

Joe Tonich
07-16-2003, 6:02 PM
Thanks,

I figure I'll put it up for $175 OBO. I'll see what happens.

Joe