PDA

View Full Version : Gotta have one of these!

Donnie Raines
01-03-2006, 4:08 PM
To me, it appears perfect for figured boards and the like. I have owned the Performax but was not really pleased with it.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.aspx?itemnumber=g0459

Tom Pritchard
01-03-2006, 6:42 PM
Donnie, that looks like a great little machine! It would do almost everything I would need in my little world! Thanks for passing the link along, now I have something else to save my lunch money for!:p

scott spencer
01-03-2006, 6:56 PM
I think one of the mags made a positive comment about that lately...they like it.

Mike Circo
01-04-2006, 9:37 AM
Performax has had a similar thing out for a year or so (linked below).

I'd likely use something like this for cleaning up home-cut veneers. I would worry that the soft rubber belt material on the Grizzly would compress under the roller pressure on a thin strip and give inconsistant results. The Performax hard belt seems like it would suit my intended use better.

Isn't competition nice, I get options for stuff I did not even think I needed a year ago!

http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/index.cfm?area=shop&action=detail&iid=11587

doug webb
01-04-2006, 2:28 PM
i too had to have one...ordered day before yesterday. recieved e-mail yesterday saying they were back ordered till the end of feb...gotta have, but you gotta wait....doug

Donnie Raines
01-06-2006, 4:37 PM
Performax has had a similar thing out for a year or so (linked below).

I'd likely use something like this for cleaning up home-cut veneers. I would worry that the soft rubber belt material on the Grizzly would compress under the roller pressure on a thin strip and give inconsistant results. The Performax hard belt seems like it would suit my intended use better.

Isn't competition nice, I get options for stuff I did not even think I needed a year ago!

http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/index.cfm?area=shop&action=detail&iid=11587

Performax is open ended....this one is enclosed....I like that.

David Mueller
01-07-2006, 12:06 AM
Looks OK, catalog page doesn't agree with spec sheet. Catalog states it weighs 199# where as spec sheet says shipping weight 146# and net weight 139#. Maybe a conversion error from metric to SAE like that mars lander that cratered a few years ago. :eek:

Lee DeRaud
01-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Looks OK, catalog page doesn't agree with spec sheet. Catalog states it weighs 199# where as spec sheet says shipping weight 146# and net weight 139#. Maybe a conversion error from metric to SAE like that mars lander that cratered a few years ago. :eek:The lighter weight sounds more reasonable: the Performax 10-20 is only 74# and my 13" Delta planer is ~95#. No way is it going to be double that.

Vaughn McMillan
01-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Yeah, this one has been on my radar as well. I can think of a lot of ways to use it in the stuff I currently make, and stuff I plan to make in the near future. I guess I first have to make some more money with the tools I've got before LOML will go for more toyls. :rolleyes:

- Vaughn