PDA

View Full Version : Stationary Domino Set Up

johnny means
12-07-2020, 8:59 PM
I made this a few years back. It operates kind of like the Kreg Foreman. Primarily I used it for mitered faceframes. It also came in handy for small parts. So, now I'm putting together plans for a more refined version. What features or potential uses should I keep in mind?

Bill McNiel
12-07-2020, 9:17 PM
Very creative use of a tool that I have found much more useful than I originally thought.

glenn bradley
12-07-2020, 9:23 PM
I'm bookmarking this one Johnny. Thanks!

Mike Wilkins
12-07-2020, 10:21 PM
Woodhaven once offered a fig for cutting biscuit joints with an add-on for use of the Domino machine. Unfortunately it is not offered anymore. Used a similar stock holding apparatus as your machine, but it was not elevated like yours and did not have a plunging handle.
Nice idea you have already.

Jamie Buxton
12-07-2020, 11:20 PM
Have you considered making the machine foot-operated? Your foot would move the domino, leaving both your hands free to manipulate workpieces. Kinda like the old foot-operated mortising machines.

johnny means
12-07-2020, 11:38 PM
Have you considered making the machine foot-operated? Your foot would move the domino, leaving both your hands free to manipulate workpieces. Kinda like the old foot-operated mortising machines.
I like that. Gonna file that one away for the XL set-up.

ChrisA Edwards
12-08-2020, 10:14 AM
I like it, may copy the idea, but I'll skip the lever part to keep the setup a little smaller to store.

Steve Wurster
12-08-2020, 1:36 PM
There are also the Domino Docks that Ramon Valdez sells. They hold the Domino vertically, so all you have to do is push down on your piece to operate. He sells Docks for both models, as well as the plans if you want to make one yourself. They won't help with mitered cuts out of the box without coming up with some kind of fixture.