PDA

View Full Version : Festool domino help

Brian Runau
12-07-2020, 10:17 AM
Good morning. trying to figure out how to locate my layout lines or where to put them for the motises I need to put in this leg for the stringer across the front of a dresser. I need to cut 5 mortises from top to bottom of this leg. I have attached two of their attachments that let me register off the left side of this leg and the one that will keep the domino square to the leg. My problem is I can't figure out how to add a layout line (I can see or a stop) I can register off of so I can cut the mortise in the proper location 90 degrees to the cutting action of the bit. I can't see anything to register off of and not sure what any dimension is from the top or bottom to the center line of the bit. Am I making sense?

Thanks.

Brian

johnny means
12-07-2020, 10:27 AM
Take off the bottom attachment, it's unnecessary for this operation. Use the metal bottom a you're reference.

Brian Runau
12-07-2020, 10:42 AM
Take off the bottom attachment, it's unnecessary for this operation. Use the metal bottom a you're reference.

Johnny, take off the bottom attachment that is on the right 90 degrees to the wood in this picture?

Thanks.
Brian

Brian Runau
12-07-2020, 11:00 AM
Johnny, tried this and it works fine, gives me the bottom of the unit to reference off of. Kind of a Mr. Obvious, but you don't know what you don't know. I appreciate the help. Brian