PDA

View Full Version : Need help with drawers

jeff oldham
12-06-2020, 11:43 AM
I'm installing the ball bearing slides on a 10 inch drawer...and after I got it installed it would not let the drawer come completely out...the drawer stop is preventing it...there is about 3 in of drawer in cabinet...I'm really stupid when it comes to drawer slides...can anyone tell me a way of getting it to come out further...the euro slides do a much better job as how much further the drawer will extend out but I dont know much about the ball bearing slides....thank you

Lisa Starr
12-06-2020, 12:47 PM
What type of slide did you purchase? They come in 3/4 travel, full travel and over travel varieties. It sounds like you just purchased the wrong type of slide for what you want to obtain.

jeff oldham
12-06-2020, 1:26 PM
im sure you are right but i didnt know that,,i cant understand why anyone would want this type of slide,,a third or more is still in the drawer,,does it tell you on the slide package what slide it is

jeff oldham
12-06-2020, 1:29 PM
do you know of a way to make it work

Dick Mahany
12-06-2020, 1:30 PM
There should be a Manufacturer and model number somewhere on the slide. Do an internet search with that info and it should yield the type of slide and likely installation information.

Ron Selzer
12-06-2020, 1:52 PM
im sure you are right but i didnt know that,,i cant understand why anyone would want this type of slide,,a third or more is still in the drawer,,does it tell you on the slide package what slide it is

cost less than a full extension
should say on the package or on the slide what model number is then you need to research it online, at store display
Good luck
ron

John Gornall
12-06-2020, 2:16 PM
If it's the white "kitchen" slides with the wheels that's as far as they move out.

Lift the front of the drawer a little an pull to remove.

John Gornall
12-06-2020, 2:22 PM
If side mounted there's little black plastic levers on each slide to release them to remove the drawer

Lisa Starr
12-06-2020, 6:44 PM
You can't make a slide travel further than it is designed too. I often use Hettich slides. For full extension the Model # is KA5632, or for over travel the Model # is KA4932. I usually purchase Over Travel style from ovisonline.com, but you can just Google them, as they are available from lots of sources.

Justin Rapp
12-06-2020, 6:54 PM

There is a purpose to 3/4 slides, 1, cost, they are less expensive and value lines of cabinets and furniture do tend to use them. Some furniture, esp in kids furniture, in say a chest of drawers, to help prevent the chest from tipping over if someone pulls out too many drawers at the same time.

Would I want them in my bathroom or kitchen, absolutely not!.

Tom Bender
12-14-2020, 10:47 AM
See if you can exchange them for full extension slides.