PDA

View Full Version : Garth Bio

Ole Anderson
12-06-2020, 9:52 AM
Flying home from Florida Tuesday I tuned into a video on the seatback monitor. It was called Garth Brooks: The Road I'm On (episode one). I am a fan, but never been to a concert. Oh my gosh, what a bio! Half of it was just him talking to the camera as only Garth can do. What kind of a mega performer takes 14 years out of a stellar career to raise his daughters? And then returns to sell out stadiums? I watched the second half yesterday afternoon on Netflix while taking a break from Christmas decorating.

Snippet: Garth explains he is sitting in his hotel room overlooking Central Park wondering if anybody will show up for his comeback concert. So scared to death he will fail he won't let his wife open up the curtains. She takes a peek and comes back with tears streaming down her cheeks...

If you are a music fan, this is a must see.

Malcolm Schweizer
12-06-2020, 1:55 PM
My issue with Garth is back in the days of CD’s he battled to make used CD retailers pay the artist a % of the CD proceeds. That would be like an automobile manufacturer asking used car dealers to pay them a % of every used car they sell.

That said, he is a self-made man. I had some dealings in Nashville in a past life (I.e. my younger days) with musical artists and I know how hard that industry can be to break into. I remember a friend of mine who is his cousin, or niece or some sort of relation, had a picture of him on her desk, and I said “who is he?”, and she said “That’s Garth Brooks; he is going to be the next big country music star.” I thought to myself, “aren’t they all.” Well, he did it.

Doug Garson
12-06-2020, 2:48 PM
I recall seeing a video a few years ago of a concert he put on basically a one man show, his wife Trisha came on and did a couple of songs. He talked of growing up listening to his parents music, a lot of folk and classic rock if I recall correctly.