PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Christmas project #1

scott spencer
01-03-2006, 11:22 AM
I made a black walnut flag case for my Dad's burial flag as a gift for my mother. Fairly straight forward project, but the angles posed a couple of hurdles. The wood was given to me by an older family friend who's backing away from projects, so it's always neat to work with gorgeous wood that has sentimental value, and especially so for a project with so much sentimental value. Nice project to do.

Richard Wolf
01-03-2006, 5:16 PM
Nice project.

Richard

John Timberlake
01-03-2006, 6:58 PM
Always great to see projects that have a lot of meaning. I will have to do one for my father's flag as well.

David Fried
01-03-2006, 7:01 PM
That's great Scott. I know my father had my grandfather's flag but never really knew what to do with it. Those flag cases are great! The idea of adding feet to it is a display and the brass corner really make it!!

Dave Fried

Jim Benante
01-03-2006, 7:28 PM
That's just a great use of wood and your efforts!

Tom Zachman
01-03-2006, 8:20 PM
Yup, super nice job...the feet and the brass are a nice touch that I've not seen before on one of these boxes...I have one of those flags from my wife's uncle who died a few years back...I kept thinking I would get around to making a box, eventually....hmmm....

Tom Pritchard
01-03-2006, 8:28 PM
Beautiful job Scott, you can tell that it really came from your heart! Your Mom's smile says it all, I'm sure it touched her pretty deeply. Nicely done (per usual)!

Corey Hallagan
01-03-2006, 8:34 PM
Excellent Scott! That is really nice work and a great gift!

Corey