PDA

View Full Version : today in music

Warren Lake
12-02-2020, 1:01 PM
when you combine one of the greatest tunes ever written ( and yeah know there are many ) with one of the finest guitar players.

Still a world that doesnt get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usyjn6JAtiQ

Paul F Franklin
12-02-2020, 1:25 PM
Beautiful, thanks! We had tickets to see TE in Cleveland last summer; I'm still bummed.

Bruce Page
12-02-2020, 1:26 PM
Been a TE fan for years. We saw him live here in the summer of 2009. He is an amazing guitar player.

Thanks for the link.

Art Mann
12-02-2020, 7:24 PM
I prefer hearing Tommy play his own songs.

Frederick Skelly
12-02-2020, 7:51 PM
Wow. I never heard of him before. That guy was great. Thanks for posting this,

David Falkner
12-03-2020, 8:19 AM
I've seen him in person and he puts on a very good show; he's a phenomenal guitar player!

David

Warren Lake
12-03-2020, 4:56 PM
yeah live not just his playing, hes damn happy sometimes some jokes and his energy is giant. Hes a true craftsman and works at it all the time. Interviews are great, someone who does his gig for all the right reasons and is committed to it. The interview of him in Poland is excellent.

Bruce Volden
12-05-2020, 10:32 AM
Yes a fantastic guitarist!
I'm also a fan of Leo Kotke, Naudo,Billy Strings...............

Bruce

David Falkner
12-05-2020, 11:00 AM
I saw Leo Kottke at a local college probably 25 years ago and he was/is simply amazing! The one thing that stands out about his performance is that he played about 8 songs and then got up and walked off stage. The audience of about 100 just sat there talking and waiting for his break to be over before starting the second set. After about 15 minutes the MC walked out and said that Leo had left and the concert is over. We were sort of stunned but glad we got to hear those songs. Maybe he wasn't feeling well, I don't know, but it was a bit weird.

David

Mark Hennebury
12-05-2020, 11:06 AM
Beautiful! Thanks for posting and for introducing me to his music a short time ago.

Paul F Franklin
12-05-2020, 12:00 PM
Years ago I got to see a dual bill with Leo Kottke and Michael Hedges (before an accident took him at a way-too-young age). I've been a fan of both forever and while they are quite different stylistically, both are amazing guitarists. That concert was definitely a high point for me. (and fortunately, Leo played a full set).

Jim Matthews
12-06-2020, 7:00 AM
Leo Kottke and Mike Gordon have released another recording - first one from LK in 15 years.

"Noon"