PDA

View Full Version : Under Lathe Storage

Mike Goetzke
11-23-2020, 8:01 PM
I borrowed some ideas I had seen here and elsewhere. Trying to get my garage/shop organized but I have too many things I like to do.

tom lucas
11-23-2020, 10:30 PM
Looks good. I did similar. Maybe not quite as tall as yours, but similar protrusion out the front. While I can stand really close to the lathe, my knees do hit the drawers a bit. At some point I'm going to push it back so my knees don't hit it. Might not be an issue for you though.

Mike Goetzke
11-23-2020, 10:51 PM
Looks good. I did similar. Maybe not quite as tall as yours, but similar protrusion out the front. While I can stand really close to the lathe, my knees do hit the drawers a bit. At some point I'm going to push it back so my knees don't hit it. Might not be an issue for you though.

Yeah - that was my concern too but I left it in position for some time before I fastened it down. I do have the space to move it back if needed.

John K Jordan
11-26-2020, 11:30 AM
Yeah - that was my concern too but I left it in position for some time before I fastened it down. I do have the space to move it back if needed.

Nice job and looks useful. I store wood shavings under my lathe:

I suspect you will want to move it back. At one point I had a small cabinet on wheels under one of my lathes and it cramped my leg and foot movement.

JKJ