PDA

View Full Version : Not getting thread subscription emails

Steve Wurster
11-20-2020, 5:47 PM
There have been posts made to threads that I subscribe to, but I'm not getting the emails indicating the new posts.

For example, I posted to this thread on Sawstop dust collection (https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?287307-Sawstop-aftermarket-dust-collection-Excalibur-Exaktor-other) at 2:41 PM EST today. I'm listed as subscribed to that thread. There was another post in there at 3:39 PM EST today, but I did not get an email notice about that.

There's nothing in my spam folder, and I didn't change any settings that I'm aware of. I used to get these subscription emails no problem. I want to say they stopped coming in after the outage the other day, but the thread on that indicates that the site never lost power. Any ideas here? Thanks!

Lee Schierer
11-20-2020, 6:46 PM
I would suggest logging out, deleting your SMC cookies and then log back in again and see if that fixes the problem.

Steve Wurster
11-21-2020, 9:26 AM
Nope, didn't help.

Keith Outten
11-21-2020, 11:36 AM
Steve,

Standby, we may have a problem with our internal email server. I asked Aaron Koehl to look at this issue.

Steve Wurster
11-21-2020, 12:11 PM
I'm now getting emails... they're flooding in! Thanks, Aaron and Keith.

Jim Becker
11-21-2020, 4:12 PM
Yea, I got a few from recent days past this morning myself. The outgoing email queue must have been stuck....

Keith Outten
11-22-2020, 12:23 PM
The recent outage caused our mail server to stop sending mail. Aaron started the server up again and all is well.