PDA

View Full Version : Help me make a decision

Carole Valentine
01-02-2006, 8:25 PM
I have to send off a turning for Turner's Exchange. I have been vascillating back and forth about which piece to send. If I don't make a decision soon, the deadline is going to get me!:o Which one do you guys and gals like? (If you don't like either then just keep quiet 'cause I don't have time to make another and get the finish cured.:D:D) I am also sending a pocket pot with which ever piece I pick. The first one is Mahogany and the second is Walnut.

Dennis Peacock
01-02-2006, 8:30 PM
Send the Mahogany.....Looks really nice. That's my choice anyway.;)

Robert Mickley
01-02-2006, 8:32 PM
I like the Mahogany myself.

Gary DeWitt
01-02-2006, 8:37 PM
Tough choice, Carole, I can see why you'd have a hard time.
I like the mahogany one best as well, can't say why. They're both very nice.

Carole Valentine
01-02-2006, 8:53 PM
Thanks, guys! I was leaning towards the mahogany as well. The walnut one is nice (the pics are lousy and don't show it very well) It is light as a feather and smooth as glass, but the mahogany one has nice chatoyance and a nice "holdable" form. Mahogany it is.:)

Richard Stewart
01-02-2006, 9:38 PM
i like the walnut one because its different, the otherone just looks like a really nicly finished bowl, just an ordinary GREATLY finished bowl, but it depends on what they want to see, i like to see things a lil different. the walnut to me, looks better because of how the shape it...but thats just me (ps. i still like the bowl:) )

Keith Burns
01-02-2006, 9:48 PM
Carole, it appears you have made your decision and it is not a bad one. Since you have one left over now, you can send it to me:D :D . They are both great:) :)

Andy Hoyt
01-02-2006, 9:54 PM
Geez! This is almost as bad as those polls conducted by politicians! Imagine deciding the fate of this on a measly three votes.:eek:

That said - I vote for the Mahogany, but only if it has the Walnut's form. So there.:D

Harry Pye
01-02-2006, 9:54 PM
Carole,

Tough decision but the end result is your choice. From what I see in the pictures I like the Walnut one best. The design in unique and I happen to like Walnut, except for the smell! :(

Please let us know what you decide.

Harry

David Fried
01-02-2006, 10:00 PM
the mahogany one has nice chatoyance and a nice "holdable" form. Mahogany it is.:)

I too picked that Mahogany one and you did send me scurrying for my dictionary. Chatoyance - indeed!

Dave Fried

Keith Burns
01-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Andy and Harry, don't confuse the issue. She already decided on the Mahogany and the Walnut is coming to me !:D

Ernie Nyvall
01-02-2006, 10:42 PM
I have to choose the walnut too. They are both beautiful bowls Carole. The finishes are real fine.

Hey, I have an idea, but don't let anyone else know because I wouldn't do this for just anyone. Send them both to me and I'll choose and send the one on to The Turner's Exchange. You won't have to choose... problem solved!!

Ernie

Earl Eyre
01-03-2006, 12:32 AM
The Mahogany gets my vote. Am I your recipient? Hope so!
Earl

Raymond Overman
01-03-2006, 7:01 AM
Given a choice, I'd take the mahogany but I happen to know I'm not your recipient so give them the walnut one and save the mahogany until you draw my name.

Both are great bowls. Your recipient will be pleased.

John Hart
01-03-2006, 7:31 AM
Carole...I have to go with the Mahogany too. I know the polls are closed but I like voting. Just a little secret though. Keith doesn't like walnut...He was just being nice. You can send the walnut to me!:D

Chris Barton
01-03-2006, 7:36 AM
Walnut. The mahogany is nice too but, I really like the walnut.

Ed Scolforo
01-03-2006, 9:20 AM
I'm going with the walnut too.
Ed

Rich Stewart
01-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Sorry to be difficult Carole but I like the walnut one too. Keep that one and send the mahogany. Which pocket pot are you sending? I would like to see that too. BTW, I think BOTH bowls are awesome!

Carole Valentine
01-03-2006, 1:02 PM
Sorry to be difficult Carole but I like the walnut one too. Keep that one and send the mahogany. Which pocket pot are you sending? I would like to see that too. BTW, I think BOTH bowls are awesome!
I guess you are "Pops"? Richard must be the son.:D I haven't decided which pot I will send yet. It will probably either be Walnut or Box Elder. Will post a pic eventually.

Rich Stewart
01-03-2006, 1:31 PM
Do I sound like a 16 year old? Uh....Don't answer that.:D

Howie French
01-03-2006, 4:31 PM
Carole, I really like both, but I keep going back to the Mahogany one.
great finish.

Howie

Curt Fuller
01-03-2006, 9:56 PM
Send which ever one you like. Then send the other one to me and you'll be able to quit worrying about it!!

Kurt Aebi
01-04-2006, 9:42 AM
I have to go with the Walnut.

Nice design/form and it is different; therefore, more character!