PDA

View Full Version : Power-Kraft 14" bandsaw

Mark Gibney
11-19-2020, 10:51 PM
There is a Power-Kraft 14" bandsaw for sale about and hour and twenty minutes away, looks to be in good shape.

I'm interested in the saw, but I don't know a lot about them other than they were sold through Montgomery Ward.

It looks like a "clam shell" type construction as opposed to a cast iron frame, but I don't know if that's flat out a negative.

Anyone here familiar with them, and how do you regard them?

thanks Mark

Mark Gibney
11-20-2020, 9:29 AM
Here are some photos of the bandsaw.

445314 445315 445316

Tom Bender
11-28-2020, 6:38 PM
Looks like it is not in running condition so it should be pretty cheap. If it works out then it should deliver typical 14" band saw performance. Probably needs tires and a little TLC.

Mike Kees
11-28-2020, 7:11 PM
Mark I know nothing about who made these saws. However it does look like it has a substantial tension spring for a 14'' saw. The whole hinge assembly and tensioning/tracking on this saw appear to be quite a bit heavier than the typical Delta. The tire in view looks to be in good shape to me ,it is orange which leads me to believe it is likely a Urethane replacement. The belt is loose, is the motor missing ? How much is the asking price ? I think it would make a great first saw /small saw in a two saw shop. Also is a fence part of the equation ? Not a deal breaker but would be nice. If you go to look at it make sure the trunnions under the table are not broken. If you buy it take the table off on the way home to protect the trunnions from breaking. Good luck. Mike.