PDA

View Full Version : Pen 3 & 4

Bernie Weishapl
01-02-2006, 7:47 PM
Well just came in from the shop. Turned 2 more pens. One for each of the granddaughters. The dark one is Bolvian Rosewood and the lighter one is Cherry. Cherry is a nice smooth turning wood. Anyway had as much fun today as I did yesterday. Thanks.

Corey Hallagan
01-02-2006, 8:28 PM
Hmmm..... seems we have uncovered a natural turner here. Probably won't ever see him over in the flatland again. Excellent work there Bernie! I like them both, hard to pick a favorite!

Corey

Keith Burns
01-02-2006, 9:27 PM
OK Bernie, those are fine looking pens:) I think 5 is the limit before you have to post a bowl.:D

Bernie Weishapl
01-02-2006, 9:57 PM
Keith my chuck hasn't made it in. I have two black locust bowl blanks waiting. I bought 47 pen blanks and one bowl blank. He threw another one in he said for the new turner. So as soon as the chuck comes in I am going to give it a try.

Thanks guys I appreciate it.

Andy Hoyt
01-02-2006, 9:58 PM
The Penmiester!

Ernie Nyvall
01-02-2006, 11:06 PM
Way to go Bernie. Lookiin good.

Ernie

John Hart
01-03-2006, 7:53 AM
All Right Bernie!!! Way to go. looks like you're getting the feel of it. Nice to be able to whip out a gift in less time than it takes to go to the store ain't it?;)

On a technical note. Keep in mind that as you use the bushing set, it will wear down due to the sanding and stuff, so you'll have to keep an eye on the diameter and matching to the other fitting hardware by feel. Then when you get a new set of bushings...it changes again on ya!:)

Bernie Weishapl
01-03-2006, 9:25 AM
Thanks guys. John I had a feeling that would probably happen. So I bought 2 more packages. Anyway you are right to go out turn one out and didn't have to shop around for a hour to find something.