PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean cruise pics

Steve Ash
01-02-2006, 7:20 PM
Hi everyone, thought I post a couple of pictures of our cruise to the Grand Cayman, Costa de Mayo, Belize and Cozumel. We were abourd the "Legend of the Seas" cruise ship. I couldn't convince the Mrs. to scuba dive with me, so I did some snorkeling in these ports of call.

Here we are in costa de Mayo with our niece and nephew

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/100_1358.jpg

Steve Ash
01-02-2006, 7:21 PM
A friend told me to stop here at Guido's in Cozumel.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/100_1365.jpg

Steve Ash
01-02-2006, 7:23 PM
I made a friend in Costa de Mayo....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/100_1354.jpg

Steve Ash
01-02-2006, 7:24 PM
The ship in Belize ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/100_1361.jpg

Steve Ash
01-02-2006, 7:25 PM
And I waited for fellow creekers John Miliunas and Karl Laustrup here daily with 3 drinks...they never showed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/100_1338.jpg

Steve Ash
01-02-2006, 7:28 PM
Last one, although I have a whole bunch more. This shows the coast of Cozumel and the effects of the hurricane. The underwater reef was damaged very badly from the hurricane and I'm sure will take years to get back to what it once was.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/100_1382.jpg

Jim Young
01-02-2006, 8:02 PM
Let me be the first one to say I hate you. :)

It looks like you may have had some fun. You didn't miss anything here, unless you really enjoy rainy cold weather.

Dennis Peacock
01-02-2006, 8:27 PM
Well......

Congrats on being able to even take a cruise. The only cruise I can afford to take is the one I take to work every day.:rolleyes: :(

Very nice....and I'm very proud for you and your family for being able to get away for a while.:D

Carl Eyman
01-02-2006, 8:30 PM
Have been on several, but when it comes to Belize and the rest of the Carribean/Gulf of Mexico area I preferred to do it at the tiller of my chartered sailboat. That was some years ago, though. I'd let someone else "drive the boat" now, but would long to take the tiller every minute.

Have you ever seen water clearer than Belize? Sailing and looking down I couldn't tell when we were in shallow water or not. (Not until I felt a BUMP!)

One morning at anchor our pre=school grandson looked over the side and said "is that a fish?" It was his sister's bathing suit that had fallen off the life lines during the night and was on the bottom. His dad had to dive down some 11 or 12 feet to retrieve it. Good times

Steve Ash
01-02-2006, 8:54 PM
Jim...at least the snow was gone when I got home :D

Dennis...my inlaws gave us this trip as a combination 25 anniversary (which was last year) and a Christmas present...otherwise, I'm with you I manage to cruise to work and that's about it.

Carl...I just love the clearness of the water like you said. It was hard to guess the depth before I started my dive...I guessed it to be about 12 feet but it was closer to 30....of the clearest water with lots of beautiful fish.

Speaking of the dive....I wish I could have talked my wife into scuba diving with me but she is afraid of what may lurk in salt water so I snorkeled instead (she dives in fresh water occasionaly) I was able to see a stingray and a dolphin which made the trip extra special. the fish on the reefs are absolutely beautiful and something that everyone should expierience.

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-02-2006, 9:09 PM
Thanks Steve. Now I know some of what LOML and I will be seeing in February. Ours Sails from Fort Lauderdale with stops in Jamaca (we be jamin, mon), Grand Caman, Cozmel, and Key West.

BTW. Did you find any good wood to bring back with you?

Bruce

John Miliunas
01-02-2006, 11:45 PM
Hey Steve, I do hope that was 3 drinks a piece!!! :D I kept trying to get Karl to come with me but, he kept jabbering about some big combo exercise machine or something he was trying to get. I didn't feel like leaving my little buddy behind, so I just hung out at home. :rolleyes: Aw, but it looks like you did just fine without us!:D :cool:

Larry Browning
01-03-2006, 7:48 AM
Hi everyone, thought I post a couple of pictures of our cruise to the Grand Cayman, Costa de Mayo, Belize and Cozumel. We were abourd the "Legend of the Seas" cruise ship. I couldn't convince the Mrs. to scuba dive with me, so I did some snorkeling in these ports of call.

Here we are in costa de Mayo with our niece and nephew

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/100_1358.jpg
Hey Steve,
Did you go the the Mayan(sp) ruins in Costa de Mayo? There are some very interesting trees and vegatation there, along with some amazing arcitecture.

Tyler Howell
01-03-2006, 8:06 AM
Love to cruise, but it's always been in sailboats we've crewed ourselves.
Nothing like seeing the world bye water to expand the mind.:cool:
So Steve, what's with the pix of all guys sun bathing:confused:

Karl Laustrup
01-03-2006, 8:38 AM
So that's where you been while I been trying to move. :mad: ;) I kept waiting and you never showed up.

Instead you are relaxing on a boat in the warm weather having a drink or three. I would have much preferred downing a whatever drink on deck to moving for the last 5 days.

You shoulda taken a Lake Michigan or Superior cruise instead. :D I hear the water's fine this time of year. ;) :D

Glad you had a good time and am I to assume that you might want to do it again? :)

Karl

larry merlau
01-03-2006, 8:54 AM
it was pretty peacful in my neck of the woods the last week or so but it all changed last night, now i know why. steve came back:D welcome home world traveler eztroradanar. how much is it gonna cost me to enter your drive way now for a peek at your hiness:D glad you made back safly steve. just giving alittle back from the red section

Jim Becker
01-03-2006, 11:27 AM
And I waited for fellow creekers John Miliunas and Karl Laustrup here daily with 3 drinks...they never showed.

Can we assume you didn't dump out those waiting drinks???? :) :D

Steve Ash
01-03-2006, 2:04 PM
Glad you had a good time and am I to assume that you might want to do it again? :)

Karl

Absolutely! It was the best vacation of my life.

Tyler I assure you I just snapped a pic without really looking at the ratio of guys/gals. I'll make sure I get a better ratio next time.:)

And guys the drinks didn't go to waste.....

Actually Bruce I was looking at a couple of palm trees wondering what they might be like to work with.

Mark Cothren
01-03-2006, 2:37 PM
The ship in Belize ...

Where's the trolling motor and live well on that thing? ;)

John Hart
01-03-2006, 4:01 PM
Sounds like a great time Steve. I love diving but only done it in the Pacific. I hear the Carribean is breathtaking. Great Pictures!!!!

Michael Charles
01-05-2006, 2:49 AM
I just seen your post. Glad you had a great time. I am planning on taking my family on the Carribean Cruise in Oct. We will be sailing on the Mainer Of The Seas. After seeing you post I am even more excited to go. This will be our first Cruise, and hopfully it will not be our last. Thanks for the pics.