PDA

View Full Version : You Know You're a Geek When...

Andy Hoyt
01-02-2006, 6:56 PM
1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.
7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.
8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.
10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.
11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )
12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.
14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list.
AND NOW U R LAUGHING at yourself.
Go on, forward this to your friends ...you know you

Lee DeRaud
01-02-2006, 7:35 PM
1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.Still haven't installed the security updates on the microwave, have you?:rolleyes:
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.What are these "cards" you speak of?:cool:

11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )Yeah, I do, but it's mostly because I'm a "Law & Order: CI" fan.:p

Jim Becker
01-02-2006, 7:43 PM
Actually, I disagree on number three....real techies have the stuff I sell and only need one phone number to reach anyone in the family anywhere in the world...so that would be only three numbers for three people. ;-)

Dennis Peacock
01-02-2006, 8:24 PM
Hey, I resemble many of those.:o :D

Rich Konopka
01-02-2006, 9:07 PM
Actually, I disagree on number three....real techies have the stuff I sell and only need one phone number to reach anyone in the family anywhere in the world...so that would be only three numbers for three people. ;-)

And it is on speed dial on your Treo 650. With a Bluetooth Earpiece and voice Activated commands. :D

Cheers

Jim Becker
01-02-2006, 10:11 PM
And it is on speed dial on your Treo 650. With a Bluetooth Earpiece and voice Activated commands.
Naa...no Treo for me. Just a Motorola V551 when I'm mobile, but I can do nearly anything via just my voice...phone calls, email, calendar, conferences...from any phone...and even at 70 mph with both hands on the wheel. (Blackberry's not recommended for that kind of thing...) I actually don't use the Bluetooth earpiece I own very often. Very poor battery life, unfortunately, and I always forget to charge it! LOL! And then there is softphone on the PC, via full VOIP or with IP signalling on IP and voice on PSTN when the network is "bandwidth challenged". The latest addition is my IP desk set here in PA that has a VPN client in it...my "one number" lives on an IP PBX in Highlands Ranch CO and it will ring any and all of the above when they are called.

It's good to be "in the business..."

Aaron Koehl
01-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Don't laugh. Nobody laugh! Stop laughing! It's not funny! But welcome to my world anyway ;)