PDA

View Full Version : Update on hickory bat.

Jason Roehl
07-13-2003, 3:49 PM
It's a small update because it didn't see much action, but the initial numbers are good. No ball has gotten past the bat. First pitch to it got poked to shallow right field for a single. As for the rest of the game, we solidly beat a team that has been creaming other teams by 20 runs. The difference? We hit for average, they swung for the fences. (Didn't hear the final score--12-7 or something like that.) I also caught the game-ending out in the top of the 7th.

Joe Tonich
07-13-2003, 9:04 PM
It's a small update because it didn't see much action, but the initial numbers are good. No ball has gotten past the bat. First pitch to it got poked to shallow right field for a single. As for the rest of the game, we solidly beat a team that has been creaming other teams by 20 runs. The difference? We hit for average, they swung for the fences. (Didn't hear the final score--12-7 or something like that.) I also caught the game-ending out in the top of the 7th.

Jason,

Cool! :cool: The bats batting 1000! :D I guess a laminated bat WON'T explode on the first hit. Proves how good your glue joint is. Keep us updated thru the season. Wondering if glue will withstand all the punishment.

Joe

"I also caught the game-ending out in the top of the 7th"- nice plug! :p

John Miliunas
07-13-2003, 9:29 PM
I also caught the game-ending out in the top of the 7th.

Jason, you wouldn't be an outfielder, would you? Hmmmm...Let's see: Outfielder, bat, hits, didn't break the laminations.... Wonder if he personally knows that Sammy guy, next door in Chicago?! :D :D (Sorry Jason, couldn't resist.) :cool:

Jason Roehl
07-13-2003, 9:29 PM
Joe, I forgot to mention that I didn't take a full swing, but I didn't even feel that ball hit the bat, and it was in short right in no time.

Lee Schierer
07-14-2003, 10:42 AM
Just a single, well, better than an out. Let us know when you hit the lights or put one through the scoreboard. I think the bat featured in "The Natural" was hickory.

Lee

Steve Clardy
07-14-2003, 1:20 PM
Seen some lam bat blanks on Ebay a few days ago. They are using hickory middle, maple on the sides. Glad your bats working out Jason. Steve

Jason Roehl
07-14-2003, 9:37 PM
Jason, you wouldn't be an outfielder, would you? Hmmmm...Let's see: Outfielder, bat, hits, didn't break the laminations.... Wonder if he personally knows that Sammy guy, next door in Chicago?! :D :D (Sorry Jason, couldn't resist.) :cool:

Well, Chicago is only 2.5 hours away, and there are quite a few folks who cheer for the blue team around here. I, however, am not a Scrubs fan :D ...I am partial to the Detroit Cellar Dwellers...errr...Tigers...

And yes, I did play left field, but I'm no corker--if I were going to cork a bat to make it lighter, I would have started with a wood a little lighter than HICKORY. :D