PDA

View Full Version : We have some good people on this forum.

Travis Conner
11-13-2020, 1:14 AM
I'm pretty big on internet forums and belong to quite a few of them, although I don't frequent them as often as I used to. Anyways, just wanted to shout out to everyone on here and show my appreciation to all the nice helpful folks who frequent this site. Believe me, the folks on this site are way nicer and well mannered than on the other sites I frequent. lol

Happy Holidays everyone and stay safe.

Frederick Skelly
11-13-2020, 7:59 AM
I agree the people are great!
Having good Moderation helps too.

Bruce King
11-13-2020, 8:53 AM
I agree, one of a kind site.
If you ever need some Hvac information or just some entertainment go to some of the Hvac sites and see the difference, it’s a shocker.

Rod Sheridan
11-13-2020, 9:00 AM
Yes, we do have some great people here............Rod.

Frank Pratt
11-13-2020, 11:00 AM
I belong to several forums & the 3 wood working ones are definitely the most civil of the bunch. Probably the worst is a certain RV forum.

John TenEyck
11-13-2020, 8:17 PM
I think The requirement of having to use your real name helps temper responses.

John

Ray Newman
11-13-2020, 8:53 PM
John TenEyck: you are on to it!

Tom M King
11-13-2020, 8:59 PM
I guess some don't read the sharpening threads. I didn't even notice that it was a requirement to use real names. I have always used my real name on forums, even on ones where most don't.

John K Jordan
11-13-2020, 9:07 PM
I think The requirement of having to use your real name helps temper responses.

I think you are right about that. Besides the observation that creative people who make things are generally great people!

For years I moderated and provided tech support on a 3D graphics & animation forum for Autodesk/Discreet/Kinetix and there we also required real names - and rules very similar to some on this forum. That too was an extremely pleasant and civil community and just like here on SMC I met some incredible, creative, and helpful people!

JKJ

Bruce Wrenn
11-13-2020, 9:08 PM
I agree, one of a kind site.
If you ever need some Hvac information or just some entertainment go to some of the Hvac sites and see the difference, it’s a shocker.

Remember the HVAC forums are there for the professionals to share their hard earned knowledge, not to give it away for free. Search and cherry pick the given answers you are looking for.

Travis Conner
11-15-2020, 2:10 AM
I belong to several forums & the 3 wood working ones are definitely the most civil of the bunch. Probably the worst is a certain RV forum.

LOL I can only imagine.