PDA

View Full Version : I'm wondering...so help me out.

Glenn Clabo
01-02-2006, 3:49 PM
Okay...so today is one of those days. Storms brewing...I have to go back to work in the morning... I'm sitting here working up some tomato sauce (for you real Italians...gravy) while DrLOML is correcting papers. I'm preparing some meals ahead so I can enjoy my son Chads visit this weekend before he heads overseas for his next duty station. I should be down in the shop preparing the next wood sacrifice...but I'm intrigued by the discussions going on here. Why aren't aren't you doing what we all gather for...woodworking?

tod evans
01-02-2006, 3:52 PM
got stuff in clamps and feeling plain lazy

Tyler Howell
01-02-2006, 3:53 PM
I'm tire and respect the power tools when I'm not 100% Easier to just veg and obsorb WW.:o

Kent Parker
01-02-2006, 3:56 PM
Napa just went through a major flood. We're cleaning up and I'm going the the store for food and supplies.

Cheers,

Kent

Bill Simmeth
01-02-2006, 4:43 PM
Unlike many, I had to work today. So here I sit at my desk supposedly working, but made a quick surf to SMC. The "man" decided we didn't need the day off today. Ya know, sometimes ya just want to kick the man in the... Wait a minute, I am the man! :o

Glenn Clabo
01-02-2006, 4:50 PM
Kent,
Man...here I am with all the comforts of home...with you doing what it takes to live. Hope everythings turns out.

Glenn Clabo
01-02-2006, 4:51 PM
Vegetation...now that's a concept I can grab hole of.

Glenn Clabo
01-02-2006, 4:53 PM
Hey tod...ya could tell us what's squeezing in them clamps.

John Bush
01-02-2006, 4:56 PM
Got a lot of milling done this weekend and started to clean up the shop. As usual the anal retention habit took over and now I don't want to get the place dusty again. JCB

Jim O'Dell
01-02-2006, 4:57 PM
I'm like Bill...had to work today 7:00 to 6:00. STINKS. Can't watch the bowl games, but can see they're on in the waiting room. Very few customers in today. Oh well, I knew it when I accepted this job. Jim.

tod evans
01-02-2006, 5:10 PM
Hey tod...ya could tell us what's squeezing in them clamps.

S.O.S. , another jamb extention bent around a 35 3/4" radius. just brickstacking the substraight. tomorrow i`ll resaw the face veneer and attach it and make the casing to fit. if i wasn`t feeling so lazy i`d be finishing up a commission or two......oh-well there`s always tomorrow:)

Glenn Clabo
01-02-2006, 5:11 PM
Okay Jim...here's a story for ya to pass the time. My Dad was one of those old school guys who made it through the depression. He never owed a penny in his life. When I was about 16 or so...I went with him to buy a new Mercury (your line of work, eh?). He went to a place he had been buying Mercs from for awhile with a pocket full of cash. He walked in knowing what he wanted...but felt the need to make some small talk..so he asked why they did away with the powered down back window (if you're old enough you'll know what I'm talking about...think 1964). Well the guy came back with...For the same reason they did away with the wooden wheels.

Well...we walked down the street...and paid cash for a new Chrysler...and he has bought one since.

Jim Becker
01-02-2006, 5:13 PM
My excuse is...children. And getting them ready to start school tomorrow, after which, Dr. SWMBO and I are going out for Sushi once they are there in the classrooms. :D

Robert McGowen
01-02-2006, 5:14 PM
Today is my 24th anniversary. Told the wife I was going to work half a day. She told me that was great, she had only planned to spend half the night with me. Not working now!

Glenn Clabo
01-02-2006, 5:17 PM
Jim,
Been there...done that...he's 28 now. I didn't think I'd make it past his 16th...but I'm sure looking forward to seeing the kid.

Glenn Clabo
01-02-2006, 5:19 PM
They have a way of putting us dumb men in our place...don't they? I can say from life experience...enjoy ever moment.

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-02-2006, 7:25 PM
Just got in from "Retirement" work.................9-3 at Woodcraft and 3-5 at my sons business testing mice and keyboards to make sure they work. After dinner, I am going back and finish roughing out the bowl blank that got me Last Friday.

Bruce