PDA

View Full Version : Track Saw track positioning guides

Jim Dwight
11-08-2020, 3:48 PM
I have commented on my track saw jigs that I call track positioning guides several times in various threads. But I don't think I've posted pictures in case anybody would be helped by them. I use these jigs kind of like stops for cross cutting on my CMS or the rip fence when ripping on the table saw. I use them instead of cutting to a mark on the wood. I position the stop (made of hickory flooring scraps) using the hairline pointer and then use the guide to position the track. I have to position both ends but it doesn't take long. I made two of these, one works the normal way where the track is sitting on top of the workpiece. The other one is used if I want to cut in the other direction and the workpiece is not under the track. The distance on that jig is the distance from the edge of the track to the outside edge of the wood plus the thickness of the blade.

Both guides have adjustable hairline pointers. I tried to include a picture of that but I don't know if you'll see the hairline. It is just a scratch on the plexiglass.

Paul F Franklin
11-08-2020, 6:45 PM
Nicely done, thanks for sharing!