PDA

View Full Version : I love my Fein Multimaster

Alden Miller
01-02-2006, 1:28 PM
I just got to use my Fein Multimaster while installing a built in. It's great! I've used it before for sanding but this is the first time I used the plunge cut blade. It was so simple, I marked where I needed to cut the old base molding and just sliced it right through. Nice clean cut, easy to use... Sure made the job go quickly!

-Alden

Glenn Clabo
01-02-2006, 2:14 PM
Allen,
I've heard so much about the Fein Multimaster. A "pro" site I check into every once in a while asked what was the best tool they have...it's by far the Fein Multimaster. I have to look into it and find out why.

tod evans
01-02-2006, 2:16 PM
Allen,
I've heard so much about the Fein Multimaster. A "pro" site I check into every once in a while asked what was the best tool they have...it's by far the Fein Multimaster. I have to look into it and find out why.

glenn, they work as advertised. love mine too

Glenn Clabo
01-02-2006, 2:35 PM
Okay Todd...I believe you. There's not much more anyone can say than that. Now...Electric...air...cordless?

tod evans
01-02-2006, 2:37 PM
Okay Todd...I believe you. There's not much more anyone can say than that. Now...Electric...air...cordless?

mine is air, but the electrics work well also, never used the cordless...02 tod

larry merlau
01-02-2006, 2:53 PM
i got one after jhn millians recommended it to me. said that he rated his as important as a sawsall. one you have one you find out that you dont know how you got by with out it. have used mine for wood and steel as well it is a solid dependable tool. mine is electric

Alden Miller
01-02-2006, 5:43 PM
Mine is electric variable speed. The price was great, my neighbor needed some cabinets installed in their bathroom. I would have done it for free (always help out the neighbor who has a bigger tractor than you do...). He insisted on getting me a tool for the shop. I showed him the multimaster and he suggested the kit with all the attachments. Who was I to argue?

-Alden

Jim Bills
01-03-2006, 9:53 AM
One of my favorite tools, not used often, but when used, performs functions no other tool in my collection can do. Truly a high quality specialty tool. I would never attempt another remodeling project without having one available. I primarily use mine for plunge cuts in mouldings, drywall, and trimming door jambs for flooring, etc.

The too small plastic case is less than desireable for a tool of this quality.

Jay Knoll
01-03-2006, 10:18 AM
Yep, I was "forced" to buy one to do an repair,

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=28012

Wonderful easy to use tool, the one I got at Amazon had a metal case and more slots than I can figure out what to use them for.

Jay

Michael Ballent
01-03-2006, 4:54 PM
I just got to use my Fein Multimaster while installing a built in. It's great! I've used it before for sanding but this is the first time I used the plunge cut blade. It was so simple, I marked where I needed to cut the old base molding and just sliced it right through. Nice clean cut, easy to use... Sure made the job go quickly!

-Alden

Is that what the little triangles of sandpaper are for.... I have yet to use it for sanding... I installed laminate flooring throughout the house and used that little guy for cutting all the bottoms of the door jams off...quick and clean :D a definite tool must have for any tool fanatic (which I think most of us are ;) )

Alden Miller
01-03-2006, 6:33 PM
Mike, that's funny!

I haven't used any of the sheets that it came with (nor any of the four boxes I had to have when I went to the next WW show). I have been cutting down 500 grit abralon pads and using them. Sure helps getting into the corners!

-Alden

fred woltersdorf
01-03-2006, 6:53 PM
jim i agree the stock case is too small,so i bought one of these.the 14-7/8" case.works great.http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/other/merriam/carrying_case.htm?L+coastest+vkvm6785ffd70fd7+1136 428737

John Miliunas
01-03-2006, 8:01 PM
Larry beat me to the punch! Yup, my Fein MM actually gets stored right next to the Sawzall!:D :cool: