PDA

View Full Version : Multi use table saw fence

Bruce King
11-06-2020, 9:56 AM
I built one of these based on Matt’s from his video at https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3pBbKNrkixY
You don’t really need the plans but go ahead, he only wants $5.

If anyone is interested I’ll post some tips on building one.
These are heavy but very stable and useful.
I already had all the materials except the dual sliding track at the top.
Watch the video to see all the functions especially how to easily make taper cuts.

ChrisA Edwards
11-06-2020, 10:49 AM
Thanks for posting that, I have a couple of those jigs/methods as separates and individual tools, but I like that combination principle.

Brian Tymchak
11-06-2020, 12:01 PM
Very interesting Bruce. Thanks for posting. Have been thinking of building a tall attachment for my Incra fence.

Ray Newman
11-06-2020, 1:07 PM
See Fine Woodworking, Jan/Feb. 2013, #231, p. 61 for plans and an article by Bob Van Dyke about building a similar fence.

I built one a few years ago and downside is that it is very heavy and cumbersome.

Bruce King
11-06-2020, 1:45 PM
To remove mine due to very tight fit, I clamp the front Incra guide and lift it up then end up sliding it onto the outfeed table out of the normal work area.

Bruce King
11-06-2020, 2:05 PM
See Fine Woodworking, Jan/Feb. 2013, #231, p. 61 for plans and an article by Bob Van Dyke about building a similar fence.
I built one a few years ago and downside is that it is very heavy and cumbersome.

Matt’s version was built around 2015, just after Bob’s with improvements by adding aluminum tracks and I think easier to build. Also no clamps needed to install it.