PDA

View Full Version : Delta DC-380 Cutterhead

Bob Reda
01-02-2006, 9:31 AM
Does anyone know the size of the delta dc380 cutterhead. I'm looking to buy a set of planer pals and I can't find the size of the cutterhead anywhere.

Thanks
Bob

Jimmy Tallent
01-02-2006, 5:40 PM
The Planer Pals will work,take he motor off,loosen the set screws on the orange deflector and you get a perfect set every time. IT sounds like a lot of work, but quicker than trying to use the guage that came with it. the more you do it the easer it gets,it took me a while the first time.I think you set the blades.060 ths.above the cutter head.

Russ Massery
01-02-2006, 7:51 PM
According to Delta's web site the cutter head is 3". :rolleyes: Here's a great article on setting knives. The use indicators for setting my knives. http://benchmark.20m.com/articles/SettingPlanerKnives/SettingPlanerKnives.html

Bob Reda
01-03-2006, 6:53 AM
Thanks Guys,

Russ, I was all over that site and couldn't find the info. I wanted to be sure because there is a pair for 2 1/2 " and one for 2 1/4". The one I'm looking at are from Grizzly for $99 a pair. Yeah Jim, these eyes are not seeing like they used to, especially that gauge that comes with it. :) Once again thanks.

Bob