PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a locking device for Blum 562H series

David Croteau
10-30-2020, 3:41 PM
I have Blum 562H Tandem with Blumotion drawer slides in my kitchen and need to replace a broken locking device with depth adjustment for inset application (originally sold as BT51.1700PV). However, I am unable to locate that part anywhere.

Does anyone know of a source for this (presumably discontinued) part? or
Do you know of an equivalent available locking device that would work with the 562H slides?

(FWIW, they have the white plastic depth adjustor, as in the lower left corner of the first photo. But the overall shape of the device is more like the second image, if that helps.)

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Mark Bolton
10-30-2020, 3:52 PM
Have you called Blum to see if a new generation clip will work? If so and not an option you can just swap out the slides and clips all together?

David Croteau
10-30-2020, 4:07 PM
I'm trying to avoid entirely replacing the slides. (It's really just the plastic depth adjustor that broke, leaving the drawer face too far in.)

I emailed Blum but no response yet. Their customer service phone hours end early on Friday, so I missed that window for now.

I was hoping someone who works with these regularly might have encountered this issue and know.

Mark Bolton
10-30-2020, 4:11 PM
Im not a Blum guy but I would find it interesting that their new clips wouldnt cover any past slides. Be interesting to hear. That would be a major bummer for Blum folks as the clip takes a lot of abuse especially if its used by a customer who pulls drawers out periodically to dump/clean the cruddy bits out (one of the major benefits of undermounts for the end user).

Dave Sabo
10-31-2020, 9:46 AM
I know what your talking about , but haven't seen them in years. The one in your Left Pic is what you're going to find today at a distributor or retailer and will work fine with your slides.

Just buy a left and right and get to it.

I suppose you could scour the secondary market for exactly what you're seeking, if you're primary aim is a quest.

David Croteau
10-31-2020, 3:52 PM
Thanks. If the current locking device (T51.1901PS) works on the older 562H slides, that'd be great. It's odd that product descriptions I've seen mention they are compatible with the 563 or 569 slides but don't mention the older 562 slides.

ETA: Nope. I just found this on a Blum info sheet (https://go.rockler.com/tech/Tandem-Plus-563-Slide-Instructions.pdf): "T51.18xx and T51.19xxlocking devices cannot be used with 562 runners." Seems kind of crazy.

Dave Sabo
10-31-2020, 10:03 PM
Sorry about that. I replied before my tea this morning and I distinctly remember reading you had 563 slides - which you don’t.

A pair of what you want is on fleaBay right now for less than a tenner. Hope that makes up for the gaff.

David Croteau
11-01-2020, 8:56 AM
Ebay! I never buy there, so I didn't even check that option. Thanks for the idea. I went ahead and bought several pairs so I'll have some on hand if this happens again. Problem solved. :)