PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for getting me over

Mike Evertsen
07-12-2003, 8:55 PM
the rough spot,,,I told him I wouldn't drop the price with the changes its 3840. he said he'll keep looking,,,,I told him the price was good for 30 days,,,,I am think I going to print up a labor charge sheet post it in my shop,,,,,,

Jim Becker
07-12-2003, 10:04 PM
You did the right thing, Mike. 100%.

Bob Wilkerson
07-13-2003, 8:54 AM
the rough spot,,,I told him I wouldn't drop the price with the changes its 3840. he said he'll keep looking,,,,,

I'll say you did the right thing. One of the big problems with pricing/negotiation is the need we all have to survive. At the same time, I've found that people who push for lower costs usually end up being a PITA at installation and often become a money looser. I'll grant you that most will ask if you can do any better on the pricing but those who accept that you won't will still give you plenty of work. Getting a fair price for your work lets you take care of the small problems that always come up without feeling like you're paying for the honor of doing a job for them.

Bob - heading for the beach today!

David Blangger
07-14-2003, 11:59 AM
Good for you Mike....

In the future if the client says that they can get it done for X amount of $'s. You might tell them that you can't put a price on another mans work. Only he knows what he is worth. ;)

David